Boost Creep Issue I Think?

Was touching fuel cut so decided to get a toytuning adjustable actuator to try and calm things down. I wanted to set the actuator up so I was running .8 bar. The best I could do was to get it to initially spool to just over .6 bar then after around 4000rpm it creeps up to .8 bar and seems to hold it. Its not too bad when im giving it some, because i can keep it above 4000rpm so it stays around .8 bar. But is there anyway I can get it to spool staright to .8 and stay there. I can live with it how it is but would like it to be perfect.

Ive read various topics on boost creep and it seems the best cure would be to port the wastegate, but i dont have the time or confidence to do that. So I was thinking would an MBC sort things if i set the actuator to spool straight to .8 bar then used the MBC to keep it there.

Would this work? Or any other sugestions?

My actuator is running straight to the turbo (no Hi/Lo). Current engine spec is Standard air box with HKS panel filter, RX7 TMIC, decat and HKS cat back exhaust (with no middle box).

Thanks

David

Yeah that helps clear it up in my head whats happening, but cant think what to do........I can hardly restrict the standard air intake and dont quite know what i could put in the exhaust, any chance you could point me in the direction of the thread on tgtt....?

Its beginig to anoy me now had to turn down the boost tonight with the colder weather and its not even at its coldest, come winter ill be running .4 bar at this rate.....anywhere that could port my wastegate for me?

you can do it your self with a dermal i got mine ported through jules on here but he doesn't live near you unfortunately, i think Bourkey wanted to or did port the turbo himself but not sure?

boost creep is a bugger and i suffered from it like made, all you can do it restrict the flow of air or make the turbo flow more air though it.

If your talking about me then you spelt my name wrong :p.

Anyway yes i did sort of port it. I got a drill and one of my dads Uber sharp drill bits and got kiddy with the wastegate. It was when i had the engine sat in the garage so it was pretty easy to do. Im guessing with a dremel it would be fairly easy as they are more compact than a drill.

The only reason i did it was due to people mentioning this boost creep so i though i'd solve it before the engine was even in ;).

Bourkey

told you a million times david give a shout one weekend and ill pop up or if you dont have time that numbe ri give you for G&R Performance, he can do it for very very cheaply, just tel him driver send you

PM me his number again will you please, is it starbus off this forum? Need to get it sorted now 4th is a no go over 5000rpm now...