jam/blitz acess ecu's

what are the benefits of one over the other of these two?

plus i know that they remove fuel cut, and raise the rev limiter, but do you still need some form of fuel reg to fuel it past fuel cut?

which are more readily available? ive seen a few jam floating about, but i only like remember hearing of two blitz...

any extra on these would be great.

I doubt you'd see much difference from one to the other if both were pre-mapped for the same sort of mods as you have.

They work best without a fuel regulator as they are normally mapped to work with the stock one.

The JAM seem more comon than the blitz but the blitz still aren't that rare, the sard one's are though. The best one you can get will be the one which you know has been mapped to work with the modifications which you also have on your car, but it can be hard to find out what they were originally mapped for.

yea if you get one just get it checked over with a wideband, they are all made the same with a daughter board onto the origenal motherboard.

like wallace said you keep your standard regulator, and timing stock,

just plug and play, its a good way to get to a bar without all the wiring headakes of a piggyback

im running a jam ecu mate. made 196bhp @1bar with it too and the tuner said its running well. overfuel a little at high revs, but can still make good power.

just plug and play, 5 minute to fit, nothing else needed.

yeah, i have a fcd and a reg waiting to go on it as the bastard keeps hesitating at just past 0.8bar, and the actuator is set to 0.7-0.75bar so its creeping a bit in the cold weather, im not too fussed about running 1 bar, 0.9 would be nice, but i dont want to have to go and get the reg setup and the fcd wired in etc... so im playing with the idea of saving some pennies up after xmas and getting a ecu... but i need a fmic first.

i would say go for it mate. i dont regret buying mine at all. in 5 minutes all my fueling was sorted. ive even had the fueling checked at 1.1bar and its sound. its best to use them with stock reg and fuel pump as ive heard they can affect the running of the ecu. and obviously you wond need fcd. when i first got mine i ran it at 0.8 bar for a while until i got the mani on and the difference was noticable. was much more agressive.

if you dont get along with it you can always sell for about the same money. they seem to hold money well.

yeah, thats what i thought... i just dont know whether to get the fcd and reg put on for the meantime so i can run 0.8bar safely.

any ideas on what pressure you need a reg set at for up to 1bar?