As above mate

rolla mani

enclosed filter (trd or k&n)

decent exhaust (if money allows)

advance the timming something you need to let some1 who has done it before do (i might get this done)

thats as much juice you will get out of a FE...im aiming for 100. First two items i have in mine and should see 90?

As said before...

Corolla/JDM Inlet Manifold

Either a good panel filter in the standard airbox, or an open filter with a nice supply of cold air (IMO open filter is best, airbox seems restrictive to me)

Exhaust manifold, such as an OBX or Pacesetter

And a good exhaust system, make sure it's no bigger than 2" diameter and no silly 5" backbox

Also make sure the car is running nicely, with good sparkplugs/HT leads/dizzy cap/rotor arm etc... and some fresh oil

Advancing the ignition timing could help too but I don't know much about that and want to look into it myself.

Most people will stop after rolla mani/airfilter/exhaust, but I personally think the 4EFE has alot more to show for itself!

On another note, it would be wise to upgrade the suspension, and fit a rear anti roll bar, and stripping out the interior wouldn't do any harm either.

Some good tyres help alot too.

Indeed i do good sir, i quite like them people always ask if i put them on or were they like....damn right they were on the beast, as standard :p

but ill see what bob looks like when his spoiler goes on might strip him naked lol sorry poor joke.....

so what would help me achieve 100bhp on an N/A 5efe? (Joz will most likely know this)

and asad, you have the stripes on the side :p

Pretty much the same as on the 4EFE Sam but it should be easier to reach as the 5E has more power in the first place.

if ever there is one at the breakers then tey should be shot and i will come up with a socket set and a few screwdrivers.

ans Sicaln, wrong. some had the 4efe auto and some had the 5efhe :p (thats the JDM Cynos, but is the same thing)

Uk paseos all had 5efe's :p

Asad, im selling my engine if you want it? found me a better one :p

no 5es are easy, they were in each and every Paseo made

A good 5E isnt easy to come by Si.

All seos Ive seen are 70k or more and thats when they start burning oil.

Gal I'll tell you once its all tuned and dynoed because I cant just guess the output :p

Joz

Theres 1 near me ^^ 55k on the clock (well they have like 60 now :p ) Now I've told you this I will have to kill you all :p

Just waiting for the good old personal injury claim to come through (don't worry its not one of them I walked into a cabnet draw so now im off to magaluf ones ) and I may snap the 5e up...

Oh yeah back on topic... Pretty much what people have said before really after that its port 'n polish, cams, valve springs, rods, managment, ITBs, high comp headgasket etc

I reckon with all that 4EFE would be 140ish maybe who knows :p

Oh yeah back on topic... Pretty much what people have said before really after that its port 'n polish, cams, valve springs, rods, managment, ITBs, high comp headgasket etc

I reckon with all that 4EFE would be 140ish maybe who knows :p

Agreed, I think the 4EFE has some potential, it's just most people either stop after the basic mods or move onto the Glanza/GT/5EFE/4EFTE.

140 does seem a bit wild though, 120 is a bit more realistic.

Agreed, I think the 4EFE has some potential, it's just most people either stop after the basic mods or move onto the Glanza/GT/5EFE/4EFTE.

140 does seem a bit wild though, 120 is a bit more realistic.

Well if it makes 100 with 3 mods thats 25bhp more than stock - suposidly... with the mods I mentioned and a rev limit of 9k i don't see why its not possible - Check out Type R legends on youtube

VTec's get 100 bhp per litre with the long duration higher lift cam engaged so it possible. they just have the smaller cam for economy and drivabilty. just whack your idle up to 1500 rpm should be fine :p

120....but look at the ammount of money you will spend for little gains. Might aswell get used to the 90 or whatever (if its your 1st car,thats immense power compared to some shit boxes) and get the FTE or move on.

120....but look at the ammount of money you will spend for little gains. Might aswell get used to the 90 or whatever (if its your 1st car,thats immense power compared to some shit boxes) and get the FTE or move on.

^^ Depends on your driving style and what you want out of the car...