its ok, lets face it, the real cunts are the people who have their licenses, us lot who are learning are all better drivers IMO

I think Ryno was just having a bit of a laugh! Bit of a harsh reaction buddy!

But to do with your test, you failed due to driving potentially dangerously, you were in a dedicated left lane from the sounds of it and you should have either indicated to the right one lane if it were safe or continue off the roundabout in the lane you were in. Sucks, but thems be the rules of the road! It could have caused a crash.

I made silly mistakes like that but if you correct them properly there is nothing they can do!

Cheers.

i 100% agree on the cost.....at £22.50 a pop i took a lesson a week and had about 56-60 in total never went out in my dads car i wanted to take more lessons and past 1st, i guess i knew the fail would really knock my confidence and would be costly to re-book etc also my sis took life to pass (4th time i think) n my dads a grease monkey so there was a pressure of such to pass as it "should" be easier as i have more contact with cars n more knowledge but i passed with 4 minors

• indicated right to early
  • let the car roll a tad on hill where she asked me to do a parallel park
  • got up close to a car at traffic light
  • not sure what the last was lol

but i would say book your test for 12ish in the morning at a quite time so there are less nobs on the road which loads of people fail for from what i hear, ask your instructor to take you on the most common test routes, go through what you failed on major and minor faults look at animations on the internet (thats what i did all day before my test) i.e or raoundabout hints and tips for 3 point turns etc

you`ll nail it this time buddy

As I've said on msn mate I think lessons are a rip off and waste of money, I did four lessons, £96, learnt ONE thing. ONE. So I refuse to have more lessons.

I have the theory practise CD which has videos and info on the things you need to do in the practical, I can't justify the price of lessons, so I'm just going to watch the proper ways of doing things and then practise them. I mean, I can drive just fine, but they want you to do everything in a specific way, which is bullshit IMO. My problem is that I've picked up all of my dads bad habits, only having one hand on the wheel and things like that.

If I were you mate I'd fuck lessons, you've had plenty, just get your dad or brother and just go out driving and just practise alot, it's all about experience, there's only so much that instructors can teach us.

I know someone's going to say "learner who thinks they know it all" but for fuck sake, driving instructors are out there to make as much money as they can and anyone who says otherwise is blind. If they aren't out to make money why do they teach you at such a slow pace and charge as much as £25 PER LESSON. Fucking rip off.

;)

just my 2 pence on the matter

...the way i've learnt to drive ive been gas heavy and taking risks to get out of junctions quick. I made this thread to show how you can be punished for a mistake even an instructor/tester could make themselves with unfamiliarity.

so your admit your not ready for a full licence and your a potential danger to other road users!

as for the other bit, thats a piss poor attitude to have in reguards to driving, you should take pride in driving and not think, oh everyone makes that mistake!

being punished could be you hitting a kid for your lack of skill and awareness.

Oh and Ryno that fail thing doesnt even work tidy so FAIL!! ;)

Good luck next time bud :D

check your internet connection, EPIC FAIL! :p

....but i would say book your test for 12ish in the morning at a quite time so there are less nobs on the road which loads of people fail for from what i hear, ask your instructor to take you on the most common test routes

you shouldn't even be worried about that, if you are, then your not ready to be allowed on the road on your own if you can't deal with any situation, a full driving licence is a privilege, not a right.

putting someone who is unable to be safe on the roads in every condition is what they DON'T want.

I know someone's going to say "learner who thinks they know it all" but for fuck sake, driving instructors are out there to make as much money as they can and anyone who says otherwise is blind. If they aren't out to make money why do they teach you at such a slow pace and charge as much as £25 PER LESSON. Fucking rip off.

was a dig at the attitude towards driving and holding a licence, completly agree with the instructors tho :D

So by the sounds of it you were a really confident driver the 1st time you got in the car and went some where on your own?

you went on the motorway on you own for the first time?

granted when i first passed i was nervous even tho i had driven a lwb sprinter van with my dad sitting there, a vauxhall zafira,landcruiser loads of 1-2.3 liter cars......but when i got into the little 1.3 starlet on my OWN it was a totally diff story it was ok for the first week where me n my parents went out but when i started to take it college there is no1 guide me and give me re-assurance thats when i became a driver

now i take it all in my stride its part of growing up mate seems you didn`t do that bit n became the best driver in the world by the sounds of it...

also NO ONE can deal with ANY situation as we are all constantly learning new things no-one is born with everything they need to know we learn to adapt and pick new things up to apply to different situations

so your admit your not ready for a full licence and your a potential danger to other road users!

as for the other bit, thats a piss poor attitude to have in reguards to driving, you should take pride in driving and not think, oh everyone makes that mistake!

being punished could be you hitting a kid for your lack of skill and awareness.

Quite the opposite mate, ive had other learners nearly bumping into me because they have been indesicive and gone too slow. Almost every lesson i get my instructor shouting at OTHER people. i also said ive BEEN being gas heavy (not i AM), which isn't a bad thing because i never go over the limit, im not a learner who sits and does 20-25mph in a 30 limit, i'll always do 28/29 and get myself in and out of junctions straight away i.e not block them up at 3mph because thats how accidents do happen.

With regards to the roundabout, i changed gear to 2nd, looked in all 3 mirrors, and was doing early observation to get out safely, which i did, i checked my mirrors when i got going round the roundabout and checked my mirrors again when turning off, so i wouldn't of caused an accident anyway because i would of seen the hazard which you don't seem to be understanding. U also seem to be thinking i didn't care that i had done it, but the fact is, i didn't even know what i had done til i finished my test, if i had realised going round i wouldn't of shrugged it off. That is only 1 of 2 roundabouts in my area that are right lane to go straight on and Asad will know, Bradford has ALOT of Roundabouts and drivers who go in the wrong lanes on purpose.

Have you ever cut someone up and it been your fault? i doubt you've driven perfectly every waking minute.

by situation i ment the petty ones you listed, obviously you read too much into my post and for that i apologise.

as for when it came for me taking my test i knew full well that it didn't matter what time of day, night, weather or traffic conditions, because i knew i was safe and able to drive.... i didn't rely on fluke and better luck next time to get me through.

i sure as hell didn't treat my learning curve as

"oh well, everyone makes that mistake, but i'm a shit load better then most the people on the road"
Have you ever cut someone up and it been your fault? i doubt you've driven perfectly every waking minute

don't get me wrong, i'm no saint, but then i have my licence, and if a learner nearly bumps into me then i'm the one in the wrong for not being able to read the situation before it happens!

by situation i ment the petty ones you listed, obviously you read too much into my post and for that i apologise.

as for when it came for me taking my test i knew full well that it didn't matter what time of day, night, weather or traffic conditions, because i knew i was safe and able to drive.... i didn't rely on fluke and better luck next time to get me through.

i sure as hell didn't treat my learning curve as

thing is, ive even seen people do the same as me on that roundabout because it is a shit one. i asked my brother about it and he cant even remember if it has road markings and he drives up and down the country every day!

ive never said im better than anyone on the roads, safer yes because all learners are (which you gotta admit because as a learner your not being taught to drive, your being taught how to drive safe and pass), a better driver is someone who knows how to adapt like Asad mentioned

as for the time thing mate you mentioned again my instructor suggested that i book my time around then because

• its in the morning so im not working myself up about it thru out the day
  • there are less drivers so less chance of them making mistakes and you being penalised for it because of the way you acted and thought it was safe, but you failed and learnt how to deal with the situ in future.

granted he may have took excess money off me but i knew he was a good guy hes been teaching for almost 20+ years n gave me loads of tips, took me on all the popular test routes, he managed to get my sister thru her test even tho he actually thought it was a fluke (her previos instruster was a woman who dint have a clue what she was doing), he got me thru and he knew i would pass, now my younger sister is nearly ready to take her test and it wont b long now till my younger brother starts taking lessons from the same instructor.

@ idrees yeh i was with bsm i had prior knowledge of driving (in n out of the drive) n that was about it, after i passed my dad trusted me to driver other cars properly also i had no clue abt monuvers, motorway driving, keeping to a set speed, judging what gear is best to use at a certain time etc

I passed 3rd time. I didn't cry about it i just listened to what i had to do. When i passed i only had 2 minors :p . May cost you to get your license but it will be worth it in the end ;) .

Bourkey

Me too! Exactly the same, 2 minors and all!

My 2nd test I knew I did badly, and I could admit to it. I wasn't ready for it really. But the moment I passed, I got my car insured and drove to the coast and back (40miles) on my own. My instructor never took me on the bypass, so I thought it was best to try it now and see how I felt. And once I did that, I felt so much more confident.

But I am still learning to drive now, as is everyone.

Everyday on my way to work and back do I come across a possible situation where I could end up in an accident, mostly due to other peoples fault but I learn to think quickly and get out of those situations.

I passed on my 3rd attempt

1st try = Didn't completely stop at a stop junction, just slowed right down, and therefore breaking the laws of the road, so fail

2nd try = stalled 3 times in the same place so counts as a major (embarressing I know but I was panicing)

3rd try = Passed, with I think it was 6 minors

Mr instructor was an ex amatuer Rally driver too ;)

thing is, ive even seen people do the same as me on that roundabout because it is a shit one. i asked my brother about it and he cant even remember if it has road markings and he drives up and down the country every day!

ive never said im better than anyone on the roads, safer yes because all learners are (which you gotta admit because as a learner your not being taught to drive, your being taught how to drive safe and pass), a better driver is someone who knows how to adapt like Asad mentioned

There's no way you're a better or safer driver when your still on your L plates, as everyone says once you pass you're still learning and learn much more after.

You don't have the same awareness of other road users and road conditions when you're learning because your to busy concentrating on the way your driving not the surroundings.

I class myself as a pretty good driver now, not because of the way I drive the car or how I can control it but because of the way I'm constantly looking ahead and anticipating whats gonna happen before it does and hence I'm prepared for most situations, you don't really learn that when your still on L plates that comes from "real world" driving.

I was an absolute cock when I first passed my test, two of my mates refused to get in a car with me after I took them out, just because I was inexperienced young and thought I could drive because I had a piece of paper saying so.

Good luck with your next test but take it easy to start with, theres a reason why insurance is high when you're young, because you are more of a risk no matter how good a driver you "think" you might be. ;)

I was surprised to find that everyone at work rang up to ask how i got on, i didn't think they would even be bothered :D

one of the lads smashed his Mk5 Golf up the same day he fitted Adjustable Coilovers and almost wrote it off lol

More lessons are getting booked in to ready myself for the 19th, im still gonna do a load of lessons to stay at the standard i was for my test, better to have more than enough than a few here and there just because i did ok