Advance ignition timing

Hey guys who has done this??

How do I go about it and will it give me good gains and still be safe i.e will the fuelling be OK?

Want to do it ready for the rolling road session next weekend (if it gives any bhp gains? )

Cheers

I also want to do this + would like to know more before I go messing with anything.

All I know at the moment is:

-You only need to adjust it a few degrees.

-If you hear "pinking" it has been advanced too much and will need to be retarded. (lol?)

-Everything should be fine aslong as you aren't getting any pinking

Also Sparky mate, what mods do you have at the moment, and could you let me know what the results from the dyno are (I guess you'll post them anyway), I just want a rough idea of what my power is at the moment.

Yea I got a basic idea of what to do but dont want it pinking!!

Mods are- Corolla manifold, 2" cat back straight through stainless exhaust with 4" back box and will have a BMC closed induction kit with air feed on by next weekend.

My mods are similar to yours bar the exhaust, I've got a rolla mani, and an open air filter, also running good spark plugs, leads, etc...

As for the ignition timing, do you adjust it while the car is running or do you adjust it then turn it on/off?

Risks of over advancing it are permanent engine damage I imagine?

Where the dizzy cap is there are two bolts holding it to the head, loosen them and twist it towards you a degree or so.

Also remember to make a little mark so you know where to put it back if all goes tits up.

Where the dizzy cap is there are two bolts holding it to the head, loosen them and twist it towards you a degree or so.

Also remember to make a little mark so you know where to put it back if all goes tits up.

i thats what to do alright i did it and its better< not saying it was like a massif difference but is better