Ok engine genius'

what can i do to the 5efe to gain some power, but basically on the cheap or free with a bit of knowledge.

i will be picking up my new engine soon and i will be working on it before it goes in. I plan to do the following..

<> Paint main block

<> Spray cam cover

<> Polish Inlet Manifold

<> Spray Fuel Rail

<> Spray Dizzy Cap

<> Spray belts cover (next to cam cover)

now what can i do power wise, to add an extra few bhp's? i have an open air filter, and will have an exhaust system not long after fitting the engine, but wanna do a few bits while its out.

any bright ideas? (bearing in mind, im not made of money ... unfortunately :D )

This is a tough one to answer Gal.

All I could recommend is the same steps that the other enthusiastic 4EFE owners have taken and maybe the ignition timing advance (only if you know what you are doing) as essentially they are both very much the same engine bar the taller engine block, a few sensors, different ecu and different compression ratio. It isnt really anything too special but the extra 15bhp and added torque is refreshing.

I can't think of any that would be free or cheap so to speak. You have seen what Im investing in and its not an ideal path if you have a low budget.

You also havent stated your budget.

Not necessarily more power, but a different delivery of power will come from the OBX mani but it will change your driving, top end at the expense of low end.

Its not called a racing manifold for nothing and is made to operate and respond at high revs where you need the power most. Its also a combination of things that will make your setup that much more enjoyable. Daily driving will be less enjoyable, and you will only be satisfied when you can properly open her up, hence my final destination is the track, being on the road just doesnt cut it and will never realise my cars full potential, maybe just the surface.

Wish I could be of more help.

Joz

My advise to you Sam would be to save as much money as you can doing odd jobs here and there, obviously it's hard to get a job at 15, but you can legally do something like 10 hours a week AFAIK. (Wages are shit and it will most probably be in a shop or something but it's better than nothing if you can bare the shittiness of it).

Anyway, you're 15 and wont be on the road until you're 17 (assuming they don't change it), so you've got alot of time between now and then.

So if I were you, I'd just save as much money as I could, and use time to your advantage, check ebay alot, sales topics on here, etc... and you should be able to pick out a few bargains.

I definately recommend the rolla inlet manifold, I got mine for £25 delivered and that was the first one I found on ebay, just keep looking for things, with time on your hands there's no need to rush into buying anything and you can quite easily say no to things if they seem expensive, as there will be plenty of time to find a cheaper one.