Water Addict Has Overdose

Crazy to think water can do this..

OXFORD, England, Oct. 31 (UPI) -- A care home in the British village of Theale should have taken better precautions with a man addicted to water who died of water intoxication, his brother says. Stephen Else said his brother, Andrew, had been addicted to drinking water for 30 years before he died in May after gorging himself on a water hose at the Voyage center in Berkshire, The Guardian said Friday.

Testifying at an inquest into his brother's death, Else blamed Voyage employees for not taking steps to ensure his brother would never be left alone with a free-flowing water supply.

"I am concerned about the access he had to the hose pipe," Else said.

"Here is something with which it is easy to drink a large quantity of water very quickly," he said. "Andrew was obviously drinking from it, but no one took the decision to turn it off."

Center deputy manager Patima Silima told the Guardian that Voyage employees did stop Else's brother from drinking from the hose and gave him medication, but he did shortly thereafter.

The newspaper said the official cause of death was excessive water intoxication.

Source: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/10/31/Man...30471225478784/

By water intoxication, they mean he drowned.

I was warned by my mum to be careful when i had a bladder infection a few months back because i was drinking LOTS of water to try and ease the pain.

I heard something along those lines in the news about a month back.

Some bloke had some illness, and to try and take the pain away he was drinking a serious amount of water and ended up filling his lungs up with water and drowning. So sad.

I heard something along those lines in the news about a month back.

Some bloke had some illness, and to try and take the pain away he was drinking a serious amount of water and ended up filling his lungs up with water and drowning. So sad.

Yeah thats the exact same story my mum told me to warn me.