Anything to worry about?

Yesterday it was absolutely pissing down and some roads it was sort of flooded, puddles were huge and going through some of them water was splashing up basically just covering the whole car and splashing everywhere... it was fucking bad, worse than any rain I've seen before.

Anyway, is there anything to worry about/anything worth checking on the car or should it all be fine aslong as no water got up the air intake? (Which I don't think it did as you'd have noticed it straight away wouldn't you)

From what I know, you would of noticed it straight away if it had caused any problems. My friend went through a mega puddle, and instead of putting down on the clutch and slowly going through it, he put his foot down. Within minutes his car was sitting on the side of the road with a fooked engine!!

Well my dad was driving and he was thrashing it mostly lol

here's the location of my air filter - I think I'm safe with it being in that location

3659432117a9243883562o.jpg

I just wanted to know if there's anything else I should check if there's any bad places that water shouldn't be in

My advice, just try n avoid puddles etc 1stly you lose control of the car as it pulls the steering towards the curb most likely when going thru at speed its fun at times just to rally thru them (put my hands up i`ve done it a few times) but as said above it can wreck everything within minutes so in future i WILL avoid them if i spot them and its safe to pull out a bit. + you have an open filter which doesnt help if things get bad not to mention what could actually be in the puddle brick? gutter hole thingy? glass?

p.s check if the filter is actually wet? then take it from there, check your tyres too i have awesome grip from mine for the power i have

Something would of happened there and then if it had mate so your fine :p

This weathers shocking my car started to miss only for 2 minutes though must of dried up quickly

The rain coming back from the meet last night was horrendous, it was pitch black and my wipers wouldnt go fast enough!!

The rain coming back from the meet last night was horrendous, it was pitch black and my wipers wouldnt go fast enough!!

Same here apart from I wasn't at any meet :p

Water was splashing up the car and couldn't see shit

in my old car i kept going through large puddles one day and one big one made my car judder and keep losing power for the rest of the night. i would put my foot down and nothing would happen then all of a sudden i would get power back then it was just like that for ages. next day it was fine.

Check for water in the car too :p I once checked to find the boot half full of water, you can pop the bungs through to empty it though!

(althought that might have had something to do with driving through water fords) :p

Check for water in the car too :p I once checked to find the boot half full of water, you can pop the bungs through to empty it though!

my boot sometimes leaks anyway, it's strange I can't seem to find where the leak is coming through because the water always goes in the middle it's like it just appears there randomly :p