I kinda got a problem with my ride height

hey everyone

lately when ive the starlet parked up and you look at it from the side, it appears that the rear is sitting slightly lower then the front. now the difference isn't much but its enough to bug me.

So I basically want your opinions on what could be the cause of this happeing?

here's what I though of so far

Buggered rear shocks (these are 3 year old koni's)

sagging rear springs

also as a side note my ride quality has gotten a bit poorer lately could this be anything to do with it

Thanx in advance for any help

Nicholas

I have the same thing bud on the front and now the rear (i think the rear is because of the arb not being adjusted properly) but on one side it looks lowered and the other quite high on the front, nothing came up on initial inspection so i left it i have no leaky shockers and they are the original ones so beats me..... :p i think jimbo even noticed it when he first saw it n my old man said it passed its MOT with flying colours no faults.

ya nuthing looks obivously buggered to me.

If the rear koni's were the only buggered one would it cause the rear to drop like it has?

you see I want to fit my ALK and ARB this week and change a lower ball joint and track rod end and I though that now would be the best time to fit this problem.

With the car sat push up and down at the back and if the car keeps bouncing the shocks are gone, plus if the ride is bad it points at the shocks not doing their job.

How old are the springs and what make? If their fairly new they may have just settled and dropped a little more than when first fitted.

well the springs are tein brand and aprox 24 months old, also I believe that when I fitted them the box was marked for the ep82 gt turbo would this have affected the ride height, with the ep82 difference in ride height.

I will check for any bounce in the shocks this evening.

thanx for that tip wallace

Do the bounce check, the arb is easy to fit but adjusting it is a pain in the arse im having to do it for the 3rd time when i get home :p the alk is a full day job if all goes well......good luck if it helps my car doesnt bounce a tiny bit its solid as fuk :D

It shouldn't make any difference the ep82 won't weigh anything more at the back I doubt, at the front its maybe slightly heavier but still wouldn't make much difference.

I'll be disappointed if the koni's have started leaking because I was thinking about getting a set instead of my cusco coilovers, how was the ride on them before this?

Do the bounce check, the arb is easy to fit but adjusting it is a pain in the arse im having to do it for the 3rd time when i get home :p the alk is a full day job if all goes well......good luck if it helps my car doesnt bounce a tiny bit its solid as fuk :D

How are you adjusting it? Do you just mean where the hole's are drilled to mount it to the chassis?

yeh where the two yellow bush things are not sure how they are ment to look, thankyou kind sir :p

My arb's literally just arrived and I've been playing about working out where the bits go:

CIMG9678.jpg

Although in that picture the big hole on the bracket is facing the chassis but I think it should be that the big hole goes to the drop link for the arb as it goes down at a slight angle in the fitted pictures but the small hole wouldn't allow that.

1) you have one nut below the last yellow bush

2)the yellow bushes fit snugly only in one hole i think its the small one?

3)the bush on top is the wrong way round (unless mines the wrong way round)

fuk im not even sure mines on right lol if what you have done is correct :p

Yeh im going to take it all apart on the weekend nip down to b+q get nylon lock nuts too n thread lock n more lithium grease its really pissing me off now as said it will be the 3rd time i`ve got under it to sort it out :p