Green Machine. Mani! Page 3

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idrees has a good point those springs are upside down!!

I might be talking shit here but I put money on it sitting lower with the springs on the other way up :thumbsup:

T1R's wear fast as do parada's but grippy tyres are soft compound = wears quickly

:thumbsup: are they!

oh dear, i was going to take the springs off (for some reason) and to be honest, i couldnt do it.

You have hold one part while undoing a nut,i just didnt have the tools :)

any suggestions?

Thanks lads, i would have have left them like that if you hadnt of said anything!

edit : Paradas better than proxes? which wear faster?

Take the suspension off and take them to a local garage and ask for them to open the top nuts using a power rachet thing. If that's not possible, theres a little nipple thing at the top in the centre of the nut. Get someone to hold that with moul grips and then open the nut with a spanner. :)

Also, where you getting your wheels refurbed from? I don't think I'm too far from you.. :thumbsup:

thats a good idea, i tryed the other method (i couldnt fint he bloody mole grips), il try find the grips and give it another go, if not, l take them to a garage like you said :)

A place i went to referb my last wheels, i think there in lichfield or loughborough or somthing... I cant remember to be honest (im shit at geography lol) there pretty good :thumbsup: and its a woman that does all the work which i thinks pretty cool.

i think i know what your implying... Do you spray or powder coat? bespoke colours etc?

really? i thought the process of powder coating made the paint really strong? god knows, just guessing lol.

To be honest i cant remember, i think it was around £25-35 per wheel. Thats with sorting out any buckles/chips etc etc and a bespoke colour/design. i havent Looked into it properly yet as i dont know what colour i even want!

:thumbsup: awsome!

thats mint ! cheers bud!

I really want green wheels, but im not sure whether its cool.... or a bit ghey.

As the car looks like a micra with a chalk board bonnet.... then has green wheels.

hmm. i duno:(

I think the wheels should be a normal colour (Bronze, Black, white etccc..) The Takata green just wont work with a red car in my honest opinion.

As for Tyres Goodyear Eagle F1s Assimetrics or Yokohama Parada Spec 2's both are epic but wear very quickly due to them being uber grippy but for the amount of grip you will be getting they are definalty worth the money. I would go for 50's mate as the ride will be a little less harsh than the 45's but thats down to you. 50's should be a little cheaper aswell.

Sorry for the Tyre essay but tyres are my specialty so i cant help myself.lol.

Keep up the good work dude!!!!!

haha, cheers lads, il go with the paradas :lol:

also, the wheels are at the refurb place, still got to confirm what colour i want them.

he can only do certain colours, so i think im going to go for matte black. and im going to carrry out that theme around the whole car. my bonnet already is so why not.

Once the wheels are on (midweek hopefuly) at the weekend i hope to of had it serviced. and maybe the exhaust willl go on too.

alot more to come....

i have a massive list :lol:

When im at college i play jokes on my mate who has a yaris T-sport..

our breaks are at different times and i walk past his car everytime.

ive done plenty of things,covered his car in leaves,written abusive things on his car.

And what really pissed him off is when i got a big orange traffic barrricade and neatly placed it infront of his car... so he couldnt get out.

he recently went to america and he said he bought me a treat.....

so i come into my work car park after a 6-2 shift,knackered. and what do i see?

SNC00014-1.jpg

cheers mate! nice one.

ive left it on now for a few days, people getting up my arse. road rage. the lot!

So i went to morrisons and look at this LOL i found.

first of all, youve got to bless america for....

SNC00016.jpg

creating some... unique? cars

SNC00015.jpg

Mitch

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers!

Right, the red starbo project is now over and i have a new one!

Raywong's starbo :thumbsup:

so im in the middle of swapping all my bits and bobs over.

The red one still runs etc but is just drinking oil, so it will be up for sale shortly>

LOADS TO COME...

Mitch