Green Machine. Mani! Page 3

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, plenty more to come.I saw your car when was out shopping. took a few sneeky snaps :p

Fmic looks cool :p

ah cool, we should have a big mids meet on a special date. like mothers day or somthing lol. we could all bring our mothers....to the meet. haha

Mitch

• 3 weeks later...

Been a little bland recently, got a random pici.

SNC00302.jpg

I was planning on a rear ARB next, but think im going for engine mounts and ant lift kit,along with a service.

Oh and still need to paint and fit my backbox and rolla mani.

Mitch

Yep, it was the first thing i did the the beast! there awsome :)

It doesnt sit low, which i kind of like, so when some little ghey in a saxo gets up my arse thats been 'dropped 120mm' i can suprise it by nailing it round the corner...

i dont condone racing..

:)

Mitch

While we're on the subject of suspension, how do you rate the Whiteline Panhard rods? I'm going to be getting one but how much does it help the handling other than allowing you to get the tracking right?

The standard panhard rod is hollow and flexible compared to the Whiteline ones, so obviously there's got to be some sort of improvement there?

Quality, polybushed. Takes some time to get it aligned as you have to take your wheel off, un-do the rod at one side and rotate the arm in order to make it longer/shorter.

Im not sure about handling benefits but you do need your rear axle aligned.

I didnt really notice anything different because i fitted the rod when i fitted my suspension..

Mines rusting a little because i have chipped paint off of it, so that is somthing to be aware of.

If you need any help fitting it just ask mate.

Mitch

So its been a while,moneys an issue so im trying to do all the things which dont cost must but are necessities.

So my drums have been grinding/making noises when under braking so i thought they may be worn. While stripping i thought i may aswell reffurbish/paint the drums and fit my glanza S backbox(refurbing and painting that black also).

Off come the drums..

SNC00387.jpg

Not As worn as i expected

SNC00388.jpg

The shoes were very badly glazed as you can see the bottom half hasnt been treated and the top half has

SNC00386.jpg

:lol:

SNC00393.jpg

Spray booth

SNC00389.jpg

Box coated

SNC00391.jpg

Box fitted

SNC00395.jpg

Hmm, sticks out abit

Note:i have fitted it correctly,the glanza bumper is different as some of you know which makes it appear that its sticking out lots... looks abit ghey imo.

Opinions please :p

SNC00394.jpg

Drum roll...

SNC00392.jpg

The dark side :p

SNC00396.jpg

Random shot

SNC00397.jpg

Last but not least is a video of the starlet round 2 of my daily roundabouts,all within the speed limits.

Note:The banging is stuff flying about in the car.

th_SNC00400.jpg

Mitch

Update Manifold;

Finally got around to fitting the manifold and was very suprised with the amount of shit in the old mani and inlet ports in the head... cleaned them up.

Suprisingly didnt take as long as i thought, although i did have to get under the car to undo the brae holding the the old inlet mani.

Here it is fitted;

SNC00408.jpg

Note:that isnt a paint run,its bit of weld.

SNC00409.jpg

The bay, all i need is a filter etc

SNC00410.jpg

SNC00411.jpg

SNC00412.jpg

My opinions on the mani are that before my car would reach full power at around 3-4k and then loose it at 5800, but now it hits full power at the same time and pulls all the way to the limiter, kind of a bummer really as it feels like its got more.Defo a worth while mod.

Mitch