Right gunna vent some steam right now as i am soooo annoyed!

was on the way to uni came up to a roundabout looked right as you do and was waiting for a gap

so i could pull out, as i pulled out there was some crazy Chinese guy driving at me going the wrong way around the roundabout!!! i had only just pulled out and he drove straight into my front passenger side arch and scratched up my spotless white rota alloy.

what a complete nugget!

i think i scared him a bit as i wheel span round the corner jumped out my car and started shouting at him lol poor bugger didnt know what was doing on. once i had calmed down i said what the hell were you doing driving at me the wrong way round the roundabout, he sad i'v just come down from china and i got confused with the roads

but luckily he had insurance both he and i have informed our insurers so now i just need to go and get a repair quote for my lovely Uma :p

i know hopefully everything will be ok, there are some bits on my car which i hadn't got round to informing the insurers about so fingers crossed it hasn't voided my insurance, luckily my insurers no about my alloys nd there the only after market bit he damaged

If your claiming on his insurance then it shouldnt matter too much. Unless you claim through your insurers first, who will probably void your insurance if you have mods that they arent aware of.

But it shouldnt matter really, as your not the one at fault.

If you haven't declared your mod's you're basically driving uninsured.

I've had mates have random spot checks on the side of the road, been told to pull over, found something silly like an exhaust undeclared and they got raped as basically being uninsured.

just got a call from his insurer, her claimed liability so should all go through ok nd the only after market thing he damaged was the alloy which is delcaired anyway so fingres crossed

Thats good, but might be a lesson to you to make sure everythings declared to save any worry if (touch wood) something like this ever happens again. My insurers have got 2 sides of A4 with all my mods. :p

Going round a roundabout the wrong way is nothing compared to how they actually drive in china! :p

Oh thats good then mate. To be honest, even if they tried to deny it they would of been told by their insurers that they had to admit fault!

It is always best to declare all mods though, as Bildo commented, technically you are uninsured if you dont have everything declared.

My friend re-sprayed her car, and it was a different colour to what the log book said. Police pulled her over a stung her for 3 points, because they can tell what mods are declared. I know you havent got anything as major as a spray job, but still always best to cover yourself.

I have declared every single pathetically tiny thing on my car. It didn't make my premium go up a single penny so I'm sure if you declare them it'll go up a very small amount if anything.

I'd rather pay an extra £10 a month or something than have my insurance refused if I crashed.

Mate thats wank but at least hes admitted liability!!

Was unaware they drive on the right in China, thought it was the same as us and Japan? :p

Hope it all gets sorted ASAP!!

Mikey- I wouldnt bother insuring a poxy gearknob!!

so you buy the optional bodykit for your car (take 98 spec front lip for instance) - this surely cant be a modification, as it was a factory option?

chris, this is shit dude, my laguna lip wasnt mullered was it? :p

I know Mikey but if it comes to having a bump, the insurers not going to say your gear knob isnt standard your insurance is void.... and if your really that paranoid about it how hard would it be put the standard one back one before the asesser (sp) came around?

That was not pointed directly at you MJ ^^ just a figure of speech :p

Fair enough declare every little performance mod but not petty interior bits

chris, this is shit dude, my laguna lip wasnt mullered was it? :p

nah that wasnt touched lol.

i was shitting myself as i knew i hadn't declared some of the mods, it's not that i wasn't intending on but a few had only just gone on and i was actually in the process of getting it done this week but this happened today so yeah was shitting it abit.

everything is being declared now down to the smallest detail lol

car has got to go tomorrow and be assessed to see how much it will cost to repair, only needs a new front arch and a alloy refurb but hopefully they will se it the same way.

Im with Elephant, who don't cover it. But you still have to declare any additional modifications. But...from what I know you don't have to declare interior mods unless its a roll cage. You can declare bucket seats I guess, but I don't think it would count as anything.

If you pick optional extra's on a car, you do not have to declare them. Because they are classed as standard on the car.

If you went a brought a new car from Toyota, and they asked if you wanted the optional extra spoiler for instance, you wouldnt have to declare this to your insurers.

But if you put your own one on, that isnt factory fitted, then you would.

I thought you DO have to declare optional factory parts, as the standard car does not come with them, as in you had to pay extra to have that part on the car.

For example, Starlet S with optional rear spoiler, you'd have to declare it, whereas an SR has a spoiler without having to choose it, and therefore isn't necessary to declare

That was my understanding?

I thought you DO have to declare optional factory parts, as the standard car does not come with them, as in you had to pay extra to have that part on the car.

For example, Starlet S with optional rear spoiler, you'd have to declare it, whereas an SR has a spoiler without having to choose it, and therefore isn't necessary to declare

That was my understanding?

I agree with the lady above, if its factory fitted its not a modification and doesn't need declared. Otherwise everyone with new bmw's or whatever would have to sit and declare every little optional extra they ticked in the brochure.