Scary stuff......just smashed my 106 up :(

Well, what a night.

Me and my girlfriend were just driving back up to her parents house and approached a round about ive been to a million times before, i had 2 cars behind me, and a ford focus infront a little way, the focus stoped at the round about for a car to go around, i approached then, changed down into second, brought my clutch back up and then started breaking gradually.......and then all of a sudden the revs shot up and the car just shot forward out of controll, we think the throttle may have jammed on or somthing because my foot wasnt even on the accel. pedal it was on the breaks........i had absolutley no control whatsoever.......i slammed my breaks on and should have put my clutch pedal down but it happend way too quick......and bang straight into the back of the focus.

What a mess the car is in, its a quiksilver so quite a nice car. :blink:

Im sooo gutted, ive never bumped a car in my life before, got out of some hairy situations in the past as well, and always got by....but nothing can prepare you for some stuff i guess.

Most important thing is though, me and my gf are ok, i was more upset that she hurt her neck and shoulders slightly, but i think the Sabelt harnesses saved us a bit better than a seat belt would have.

F*ck the car, its a piece of metal, it can be replaced. My girlfriends life cant and neither can mine for that matter......

Im going to pay for their damages to their car.....if we go via insurance i will NEVER get insured again i doubt at 19.

My insurance was TPFT any way, so i wouldnt see a penny.

Thank funk my gf didnt get hurt and its quite lucky it wasnt the starlet. it would have broken my heart then.

Really sorry to hear this Rhys.

First time or another time, its a horrible experience to have and can really shake you up.

Im glad you and the gf are Ok and also glad that the other party will let you pay for damages rather than claim, claim, claim.

Not many decent people about nowadays.

All the best with everything and hope you live and learn and fight another day.

Peace

Joz

Shit man just text you as I noticed you mentioned crashing your car in another thread!!

Thats really unlucky, you got to the bottom of it now? Why the throttle jammed open?

Gonna pretty expensive for you dude, but at least theres no claims going against you!!

Hope you get it sorted ASAP!!

Glad your both OK

This isnt a good month for UKSC'ers, once someone has a bump it seems to cause a chain reaction :blink:

Uploaded a pic for you guys to see.

Image021.jpg

Doesnt look much, but let me tell you, its pushed the right hand corner back a fair few inches, the radiator is touching the engine!!! The bonnet is bent down at a right angle at 90 degrees! The pic doesnt show it how it properly is really.

All the inner wing and front of the chassis is bent and crumpled.

Car pulls badly to the left and rubs so im guessing either chassis leg damage or somthing as well like bent drive shaft or steering arm, im not sure, but its not even close to safe to drive.

Deffinate write-off, to repair would cost alot of £££££ for sure.

Any way, shes now jacked up on axle stands and bricks ready to have everything stripped off.

Beastly 3" Sabelt harnesses im keeping, theyre going in the starlet with a set of Bride's eventually.

Damn, atleast you weren't hurt it looks like it held up quite well unlike that other pug on a video a while back... crashed into an EP82 and got mullered.

Maybe you'll get some money back stripping n sellling, everything other than the front end looks fine to me.

Damn, atleast you weren't hurt it looks like it held up quite well unlike that other pug on a video a while back... crashed into an EP82 and got mullered.

Maybe you'll get some money back stripping n sellling, everything other than the front end looks fine to me.

Haha yeah cheers mate, were ok.

Shook my missus up a fair bit though she was sick and everything and hurt her neck and all a bit. Was the first car accident shed ever been in :blink: ooops.

Yeah it held up OK-ish but the real damage is the front corner of the chassis, when you actually see it its pushed a long way back and you can notice it straight away, plus the gap near the windscreen pillar and the quater panel are different on either side now, the end that took the hit the gap is now gone, the radiator is litterally touching the engine and it lost all its water on impact.

Damn I can imagine how much worse it looks in real life!!

At least your looking at the positive side dude, get on the 106 forums, sell the Group N exhaust, seats and rails, wheels etc and thats most of the £1400 paid :blink:

Hope you get it sorted alright :D