Anyone good with phones?

i brought a nokia N96 on orange about a month ago as soon as it came out, but really cant get on with it.. i want a iphone 3g but i dont know if i can get out of my existing contract? do companies buy out existing contracts to win business? i just want to get rid of it basically lol!

hope that makes sense lol..

any help appreciated!!

cheers

I think you have a 14 day cooling off period where if you wish to return the phone for any reason you can, i sent one back i had for a couple of days.

But after that im not sure..

Try calling them and explaining it to them that you want to change etc..

Think your tied in tho bud the idea of a contract etc.

Sam

I got bought out of my old contract about 2 months prior to the end of it. Try and bargain with them, i phoned around and they just kept offering me more cashback... ended up getting 120ish but was originally only 80.

But im not sure what is the earliest it can be done, you will probably have to pay some cancellation fees if you decide to cancel it altogether & get a fresh contract.

Hope this helps :blink:

See if someone else will over take it for you? a mate of mine wanted to do the same thing the shop he went to said we will buy it off you etc n pay the rest of the contract off....wait for speedfreak shes got immense knowledge on phones

dunno if someone will do that for an iphone though

no he means Someone else takes your N96 then they pay for it and if you go in to the Orange shop with the phone and the other person, and 2 forms of id (but take as much as pos) they can change the name on the contract and the billing details. + it don't Matter if you neva got it direct form Orange eg phones 4 u etc they will still be able to change it

then you need to go and get a new phone for your self, my suggestion is go to the car phone warehouse and ask for there top line insurance then you can cancel it a lot easyer

hope this helps buddy out els holla

Phones4u can't change contract details. Only the network can, and most wouldn't be willing to without a fight.

Because you have had the phone over 14days you cannot swap the phone. You are tied in to your contract for 18months.

The best thing that you could do would be to try and get someone else to take over the contract.

Because the iPhone is soo expensive, you will not find one phone shop willing to give you any cash at all towards and old contract, let alone 17months worth.

Also, you cannot change down your tariff until 17 months of having the phone, so they cannot even make it cheaper that way.

Unless you wanna sell your N96 on ebay, for about £350 - £400 (Thats what the were going for). If you got enough, you could phone Orange and credit your account for how ever much you can get for the phone, and they will take how ever many bills you have left out of that amount.

Then take out a new contract for the iPhone.

How much is your bill ment to be each month?

i never sed out abut phones 4 u changing details i sed go to the Orange shop and see what they can do, i did this last week with my phone and a pal went in to the orange shop and got them to change it over to hos name, now i have a new phone and not having to pay out to my old one

I'll tell you straight up. I work in an Orange Shop.

Even if you go in there with 2 people and ID, they still CANT change it.

You have to ring up Orange direct themselves with both people present to do it. As they will have to credit check the other person before changing it over. And in store the only thing we can do is credit check for new contracts, so theres no point going into a store. We tell people this all the time when they come in and ask.

Some companies may buy you out, but you've got no chance of Orange cancelling it now as its over the 14 days.

Any more info you need mate, let me know and I'll see what I can find out through work :blink:

After a month of having the phone there is noway you can return the phone back to orange. It has happened to me i had to wait 9 months to change my phone.

So what i did was complain every month about reception about anything and everything and i was getting like money off my line rental, i down graded my line to make it cheaper. then asoon as i was able to done an upgrade and got the phone i wanted.

Ok, call me silly here but, why not sell the Nokia and just buy a second hand/new iphone??

As long as its the same network and all, just keep your sim card and whack it in the Iphone???

Thats what ive always done.

Or shall i just shutup and go to bed because im making no sense? lmfao.