They don't have a phone number, there's a thread regarding this about 4 down from this one.

It seems Toby is struggling to cope with the work load, your best bet is to e-mail them, you should hear back... Eventually.

Quote from Toby on 21/11/2008:

Hi guys,

It's completely fair to be honest all you guys want is some basic communication and I'm not giving it. Although I have now stopped helping Kevin at his workshop and we have halved the work he still had 3 huge builds in that I needed to help him complete so I had to clear this up before stopping. We would never ignore someone and are very trust worthy but I can completely appreciate it's very frustrating when it takes weeks to get a reply.

With the economy going the way it is I simply tried to get in as much work as possible which is where it went wrong. I've spent many years helping people with Starlets to my best and it's stupid that I've let it down in the latter of this year. I used to be a mechanic so I always like the spanner side of things but have to be realistic now even if we do take on less work.

Between now and Christmas I will be making some big changes:

1) Firstly I will be here dedicated to parts and technical help as before along with Martina and replies will be quick as they were for the week before I went back with Kevin!

2) We will be reducing the amount of items on our website. Anything where there is more than one (I.e Cusco Strut Brace, Greddy Strut Brace, Tein Strut Brace) will be reduced to the most popular/or the item that we have tried & tested to give the best products only. This will mean we can hold more stock, reduce waiting times and it will also makes our lives easier. We've always tried to have the largest spectrum of parts but it can be very complicated sourcing them for rare cars like Starlets so reducing to the key core items is a must. With a reduction in items we can simply supply a better service.

3) I will be updating each product with better supply information stating if it's in stock, how many we have and if not how long it will take. With the reduction in items as above this will be far more manageable.

4) Phone number. This will be going up and it will be free phone, a lot of the website changes will be made over the next month. We will close the site over Christmas like most companies and when it goes back up in Jan it will have the new changes maded. Changes will also include a import page, media page (inc customers cars, videos, pictures), about Starlet page and a FAQ section. I'll add a blog but bare with me while I add to it more important things at the momemtn.

As many will vouch for I've worked extremely hard over the last 5 years, since the website opened I tried to do just too many things at once. When you see all these extravegent companies with workshops, demo cars, dedicated staff you try and follow suit but we just couldn't get the investment needed, it's impossible with the economy even ones with the best credit can't get credit. I simply wanted to get everything under one roof, make it as professional as possible a one stop tuning shop for Starlets and in order to do this we needed to get in as much work as possible but it simply hasn't worked. I've ended up neglecting the core aspect of the business, you.

Not any more, I will endeavour to get back to how we used to be and better. We do get a huge amount of technical requests but with time now on my side I can forfill everything as needed all I can really do is sincerely apologise for the last months and assure you we will be back to normal shortly. All email/PM correspondance will be finished by this evening and I will be working with Martina on with the orders. If their is anything else you think would make a good difference then please say and we hope you guys give us the chance to get to how we should be.

Thanks,

Toby

• 3 weeks later...
still no reply after much more email sending! toy tuning are actually shite, i understtand he is having problems but this is shocking!

I tried in vain for ages to get hold of them but had no luck at all!!!

I chanced my luck and ordered only my small bits from them and they turned up in 48 hours, with a thankyou not from a woman... Can't remember her name.

I used Dave Burwash for my other bits, 11 out of 10 for service. Just use him mate. I will be again tommorow.

Don't worry i wont be goin there again, its shocking how fast they took my money and any half decent company knows of something caled aftercare customer service................

Thanks for all the comments

Hi there, I understand, how every one feels, Ive just spent in the last 3 months nearly 3000 ponds at Toytuning, and yes most of the order was completed in just 4 weeks, BUT in the same breath, I have been waiting now 2 1/2 months for some electrical equipment for my Glanza V, Ive lost track of how many e-mails Ive sent, and as we all know, you just get an automated reply,

They finally replied one day saying they had the item coming from Japan, OK not a problem, but by rickshaw?

Try using www.RHDJapan.com or www.speedvisioncps.com as these two companys there service is second to none,

Lets hope toytuning get there act together shortly.

Cheers John

that happened to me aswell john, i waited 6 weeks for the delivery of a rear ARB only to be told it was out of stock it was sorted in the end but the timescales are just stupid.

If you're going to setup a business you dont do it half hearted......

Ive tried rhd before and i must say it was fantastic, whenever you emailed them you got a reply withing 24 hours.

We found a chap floating around Taunton in a Glanza last night, hes still waiting for an Intercooler from Toy Tuning, IIRC he said hes been waiting 6 weeks for it and still no sign.

Looks like your not the only one waiting for one now Mark

yeh, i used to hear good things, but after talking to the guy in person about his problems with them, i dont think i would entertain the thought now :/

the xmas time is a busy time, but if your running a business you gotta keep track, or atleast send a reply email saying you need a little time to sort it

they used to be so good as well, i've ordered loads from toytuning in the past, with no problem. but with all the recent 'where's toby threads' i would deffo think twice now.

Same here, tis a shame, hope Toby gets it sorted really is a nice bloke and always sorted me out in the past

it's nice to know im not the only one in this boat, all i want to do is exchange the item ive recieved for something else from their site.

dont want my money back just dont need the shocks anymore, quick enuf to take my money etc but wont reply what so ever in regards to after purchase issues which is so poor!