How JDM is your car....

I've been pondering over this for a little while, basically when I bought my Glanza and was looking into all the modifications I decided I wanted to keep it all JDM - only buy japanese parts for the car. However I soon failed when I bought a Nomad Racing Guage Pod (British made) and Autometer gauges (American made) since then I've added lots of non JDM bits.

I would still like to have a solely JDM car but its not as easy as it sounds, my car wouldn't be the same without some of the non JDM bits. Half my handling department is catered for by aussies and there isn't any make of JDM rear arb available, which I would sorely miss if I had to do without. Looking at the performance side my exhaust mani is again made by fosters swiggers but there's not many alternatives - silkroad? I may aswell buy an autobahn mani! JAM racing - I'm not paying that much for what is basically a ported standard mani (albeit nicely done). If you want a ct9 Hybrid you'll have to find a Blitz K1 and if you're forging an engine it would cost a lot in JDM trim!

Then again where does the JDM begin and end? Take my Recaro seats for instance, made in germany but from an Evo 7, surely JDM but not if they were from an RS Turbo? The same could be said for the optional momo items in a gt adavnce - made in Italy but fitted in the factory, if upgraded with other momo items are they still JDM??

So with everyone always going on about JDM this and that, "Check my new JDM rims"... "dude their rotas roflles" etc I was wondering if there was anyone that can claim to have a completely JDM car? I don't mean just a standard car or one which has just come from Japan either, I want to see if there is anyone anal enough to modify with purely JDM parts, I can't think of any....

1 member straight away thats pure jdm and thats nippon r,

solely as his ex track car came from japan with all jdm goodness, its even got this funky thing for the handbrake making it a fly off handbrake, never seen one of those before,

but id guess unless its imported with all the bits i dont think there are that many hardcore jdm parts enthusiasts out there.

I definately fail, although UK spec Paseo's were all made in Japan.

Fail straight away all the same on have an exhaust made up in Essex....... :lol:

Good question though

Think hardly anyone on here, if anyone at all has a purely JDM car, lots of JDM style perhaps, but not real JDM

uk spec Paseo for me too, just have "Made In Japan" written on the windscreen...

so i fail with my bolt on exhaust tip, but my "Exclusive Line" alloy wheels are from a Paseo.. but i dont think the wheels are japanese made.

either way, i guess alot of people will fail unless they raided Japan's answer to halfords.

1 member straight away thats pure jdm and thats nippon r,

solely as his ex track car came from japan with all jdm goodness, its even got this funky thing for the handbrake making it a fly off handbrake, never seen one of those before,

but id guess unless its imported with all the bits i dont think there are that many hardcore jdm parts enthusiasts out there.

Yeah there's afew examples like that where there's heavily modified ep's straight from Japan, but I was wondering if there's any that have been built over here?

Geo, theres something on the driftworks site that makes your handbrake "fly off", its just a different button and only costs £10.50 or something!!

Anyway let see what I got, Craft square mirrors (JDM as fook!!)

Mc_Chu's carbon front and rear lip and spoiler (can that be classed JDM)

TRD scoop and short shift (Again are these made in Japan?)

Toyo Tyres?? :lol: :lol:

Mc_Chu Carbon interior bits?

ZEP fenders and brake lines (must be JDM :lol: )

Cusco strut braces

Rays lug nuts, and probably a few more items I have forgot

Geo, theres something on the driftworks site that makes your handbrake "fly off", its just a different button and only costs £10.50 or something!!

Anyway let see what I got, Craft square mirrors (JDM as fook!!)

Mc_Chu's carbon front and rear lip and spoiler (can that be classed JDM)

TRD scoop and short shift (Again are these made in Japan?)

Toyo Tyres?? :lol: :lol:

Mc_Chu Carbon interior bits?

ZEP fenders and brake lines (must be JDM :lol: )

Cusco strut braces

Rays lug nuts, and probably a few more items I have forgot

Some nice bits (although Chu's bits are from HK) but one glaring omission, your car is a uk spec.:(

Shut it you :lol:

Just realised my Glanza rear lights came off a car in japland and I forgot to mention my TRD dial surround :lol:

TBH most JDM parts are way over priced and I cant believe people pay the money for some of the parts when just a good "non JDM" parts are available and are just as good in some cases

well even I cant say im that JDM got all the whiteline bits helping the handling side and all my engine internals are Ross, Pauter & Tial but except for that im pretty JDM

but agree with Rick not all just bout the parts, eg you could have Defi gauges in a pillar pod and that still wouldnt be JDM

I'm just on about the parts really, as who defines what JDM is? They have completely random styles, when I was there half the cars I seen were complete chav affairs, then some were what people would commonly conceive is JDM and others were in between...

Even in japland everyone has their own style but you see some cars and people go oh thats JDM just because it has 3 spoke wheels, or if things are bodged, there is no real definition, not that I can see anyway other than where the parts/car etc originates from