eBay Rev Gauge yay or nay?

I have a large AutoGauge Tacho with shift light and its mint. Very accurate and the adjustable shift light is brilliant!

I dont see much point in buying one thats smaller than your stock rev gauge if you have one. If not, then itll do a good job especially for £15 odd.

Well I don't have one and don't fancy a big one that stands out like a sore thumb, so this size is just right.

Aslong as the quality is ok and it's accurate enough and works properly then that's great, I'll probably order one tommorow.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Performance-Gauge-52...%3A1|240%3A1318

Thinking of buying one, but does the cheap price reflect on the cheap quality? Or is AutoGauge ok?

in my opinion i dont think there that good. I've got an autogauge boost gauge and well frankly its a piece ov shit... not very acurate. reads nothing like the DBC. but thats only my opinion. let me no what u do??

Search for Autometer gauges, much better quality than Autogauge

them AEM gauges r they worth the cash??? awfully dear like but they look the dogs balls like.

bit ov a random question as i cant afford to be buyin fancy gauges at the minute but thot id ask anyway.. <_<

Get the best your money can buy the autometer ones look good, you can always rip it out n use it on your new N/A personally i`d get the full clocks and add guages for other things like oil,water etc....

My brothers car came with one of those in a pod pillar. It never really gets looked at, well not while I'm driving! Its pretty accurate though and apparently more accurate than the OEM ones.

I find that I hardly ever look at the speedo lol

But there have been quite a few times where I've thought "I wonder what rpm I'm at now".

Like you said though you hardly look at it - neither would I but it's nice to have it there when you want it.

That's why I don't want to spend big money on a top of the range one, and anyway I'm planning on selling this Starlet and buying another one with lower milage in a couple of months anyway, the next Starlet I buy might be an SR or something and have a rev counter...

Aslong as it's accurate like you said then that's fine, might go for some fancy gauges in the future but for now the cheap stuff will do just fine aslong as it works. <_<

Ordered the gauge earlyer along with a pod thing, now I just have to wait til it arrives and then get it wired up and fitted... but, I'm fucking clueless on how to do it.

Once I figure it out though, does anyone want me to make a guide on how to fit a basic rev gauge when I fit it? Could take pics as I'm doing it.

Right then I need to find out how and where to put the wires. I think there is something like 4 wires?

- one for power when the ignition is turned on (most probably red yes?)

- one for earth/negative (black probably)

- one for the rev signal

- and one for the back light when you turn the lights on

Can't think of anything else, so assuming that's all the wires there are, where do I put them, and how do I do it? (I am guessing I will have to cut some other wires to put these ones in?).