Hi/Lo boost solenoid and ToyTuning actuator

Have been having boost creep issues at high rpm whilst ive been using a toytuning actuator straight to the turbo. My mate was convinced a boost controller would sort it out, i was under the impression it would do nothing as the problem would be the wastegate not flowing enough air out and needed porting. So i said id plumb in the hi/lo boost as im sure that is pretty much a boost controller.

Just been out plumbed it back in and out for a blast. I was expecting the HI first and second gear restiction to come back into place, nope its none existant.....normal?

LO boost now does pretty much what it did when i had it set up from the actuator straight to the turbo..... 0.6 bar creep up to fuel cut....... except now it doesnt creep to fuel cut, it drops off at high rpm so no creeping to fuel cut yay!

So i though HI boost is going to fuel cut straight away......wrong again......upto .7/.8 bar and holds it fine no creep no engine light no nothing? no restriction in first and second just a ton of trouble free boost.

How can this be? Does the HI/LO have some comunication with the ecu helping things or something? Why has the 1st/2nd HI restiction gone? Was my mate right a boost controller would help, he couldnt explain how but it seems he may have been right?

• 2 weeks later...