Moped/scooter info

Well finally the credit crunch has affected me, and yes the depot i work at is going to be closing :D but gladly im not going to be losing my job B) all the fitters including myself are goin to be relocated to a depot in the docks area of cardiff which if anyone has been there knows its a proper shit hole and full of pikeys, the depot we area goin to is just a few porta cabins and the yard is just coal dust :p so i dont want to take my glanza there as its gunna get wrecked and the pikeys will prob take a fancy to it B)

so......... B)

i was wondering if anyone has ever had a 50cc moped/ scooter thingy?

i want to get one just for work so i dont wreck my car, and i was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on the things involved in owning one, things like:

Is there any test or anything i need to take? like the CBT thingy?

whats the average insurance cost? im 20 and i will prob try and put it on my car insurance.

whats the cost of tax?

cheers guys B)

you would need a CBT.

with this and your age you could have a 125cc. it has to be around 13bhp (a 4 stroke basicly,although did have a 125 ktm)

the insurance will be dirt cheap, £100?

tax, £15 to you sir.

cheap as fuck.

with a 50cc ped, youll see around 200 miles for like 6 quid. wins!

Thats dirt cheap, so its 15 quid for a year tax on a 50 or 125cc?

and can i put it on my car insurance?

also what cc can i use on a dual carrageway?

if all goes well i should have a well economical mode of transport for work, so the glanza will stay nice and shiney at home B)

cheers matey.

im not sure but it wont be more than £20 for a year on a 125 (i think..)

i doint know about the insurance matey.

on a dual carriage way you can use a 50cc plus. . . but sod going on a dual carriage way on a restricted 50...

if you want a ped, id recomend a gilera runner 172cc 2 stroke..... rapid!

ok mate thanks for your help, im not really bothered about performance tho lol its purely to get to and from work B) even if it does take 6 days lol B) hopefully it works out pretty cheap so i got a nice little run about to keep the glanza looking nice B) cheers matey.

havnt read thread so sorry if i missed anything or repeated anything

take advantage of the credit crunch and get some cheap bike lessons and get a full liscence

get like a 125 or even a 250 with a full liscence plus you wont have to wear L badges as you would with a cbt

i had a piaggio zip, derestricted it myself could hit 50 on a good run,(mine was piss slow lol)

mate had one that hit nearly 70

get a geared 50 like an aprillia rs50 or even an aprillia rs125, those hit 60 faster then a standard CTR

havnt read thread so sorry if i missed anything or repeated anything

take advantage of the credit crunch and get some cheap bike lessons and get a full liscence

get like a 125 or even a 250 with a full liscence plus you wont have to wear L badges as you would with a cbt

i had a piaggio zip, derestricted it myself could hit 50 on a good run,(mine was piss slow lol)

mate had one that hit nearly 70

get a geared 50 like an aprillia rs50 or even an aprillia rs125, those hit 60 faster then a standard CTR

RS125 as I suggested earlyer are great bikes from what I've heard, can easily do 100+ mph and you can ride them without a full license? I know someone who had one and all he ever did was talk about how good it was.

Lmao 120 top end!? haha i only want a scooter for back and forth to work lol i wouldnt feel safe goin past 35 on 2 wheels let alone bloody 120 :D im after a 50cc bog standard scooter, give me a shout if any pop up anywhere :D im on a really tight budget, like 200 quid lmao :D

It's not cheap! To do mine it cost me:

CBT: £125

3 day training course: £470 (including test fee)

Then bike and gear:

Bike: £850

Insurance: £150

Jacket: £160

Trousers: £100

Gloves: £40

Boots £80

Helmet: £120

Total: £1245

But, its fucking awesome!

yea but how much is it to put yourself all the way through a bike test from cbt to full licence?

there is no point buying a 50cc 2 stroke scooter if your interested in biking..

I work for honda in motorbike sales... woop lol.. and weve just got a new range of 09 colours for the cbr125.. best one is a tricolour hrc style finish.. cant find a pic of the 125 on the net but colours are identical which are on the 08/09 HRC blade.. as below

7.jpg

cbr 125 is rrp'd at £2720 otr and they are mint little things.

i could also do it on 0% finance for you and it works out at £100 p.c.m

cant get a picture of the real one if you wish as have 2 in my showroom :D

Thought that may help!? lol

and for the record ktm 125 will NOT do 0-60 in 4 secs :D lol

cheers

It's not cheap! To do mine it cost me:

CBT: £125

3 day training course: £470 (including test fee)

Then bike and gear:

Bike: £850

Insurance: £150

Jacket: £160

Trousers: £100

Gloves: £40

Boots £80

Helmet: £120

Total: £1245

But, its fucking awesome!

and thats with cheap gear.. so its not cheap in total

lol haha.. why thank you

and i will upload it later, i dont think you will find a pic of it on the net as they only came out last week or so..

taken a pic now and will try and upload it later tonight as at work atm..

they are mint haha!

and good input ste but yep they are the 07 and 08 colours..

the earlier 07 ones still have manual choke ( ste's 1stt pic )