Moped/scooter info

does anyone know what type of performance figures teh yzf-r125 and the cbr 125 can achive, like top speed, 0-60?

are they six or 7 speeds?

really quite liking the look of these

By law, a person with a CBT cannot ride a bike with more than 15PS (German horsepower). So most of the sporty 125s are very close to this figure.

All of them can be de-restricted to about 20PS though.

I think all are 6 speed.

75-85 is a realistic top speed for them.

Not sure on 0-60 though.

Hope that helps.

It's not cheap! To do mine it cost me:

CBT: £125

3 day training course: £470 (including test fee)

Then bike and gear:

Bike: £850

Insurance: £150

Jacket: £160

Trousers: £100

Gloves: £40

Boots £80

Helmet: £120

i didnt do a cbt not required over here plus i grew up on bikes soo new how to handle just had to learn the road sense

mine...

bike-£3700 lol

leathers-£400

helmet-£400 with tinted visor!

gloves-£40

boots-£90

cost a shit load but worth everypenny its as fun as the GT and i miss it..!!!! will def have a bike again.. for all those hu dont like bikes try it.. its sooooo much crak..!

yeh as above, not sure about the yam but cbr is 6spd, 4 stroke twin and weighs about 130kg's.

top speed about 75mph and 0-60mph in about 7/8 secs

cost £15 a year in rfl, cost less than £10 quid to fill up and our new cbf125 engine is getting 143mpg so fuel economy is wicked to.. and you have honda build quality unlike yam, kwak and suzuki haha!

:D

course a cbr 125 isnt going to do 120..

rs125 is the ultimate rapid 2 stroke lol, but its £4k new.

cbr 125 is more sedate, much more suited to what he wants and doesnt burn oil aha! lol

and on those facts only thats why lots more cbr's are sold than rs's

the joys of a two stroke are the best, no doubt about it. however in terms of which bike to get the honda is the one to go for. cheaper, better reliability and build quality, more obtainable parts through local dealers, there are more local dealers!

aprillia electrics are about as good as a chocolate teapot.

failing that then buy the yamaha. because its a sexy beast. and they tune up sweet as a nut and still work :D

aprillia are also owned by chavvy 7 year olds who ride around in tee shirts and trainers making bikers look bad.

grim

I am a two stroke man but for the road, reliablity and fuel consumption its got to be four stroke :harhar:

Even in motocross Four stroke has taken over :lol:

I just love the power delivery on my old 250 two stroke, was savage :D:thumbsup:

2 stroke ftw.

my back,helmet (bag if i was wearing one) all used to get covered in oil fromt he zaust. ktm used to chuck lumps of oil out hah. i used to pre mix it a little ott, sitting in a petrol station mixing oil with fuel and shaking my bike about trying to mix it in the tank haha. used to kill sparkplugs though. fun fun. i may get another next year :thumbsup:

I would spend over £200, tho i sold my honda 50 for 600, and that was top notch. :D

My 50cc scooter did 50-55mph, so not bad. Just remeber if they are more than 5 years old there probally fucked as kids have em and dont look after them