Drivers Project Thread

i had a thread on her but i cant find it and it was set out poo so ill start this one and faveorite it this time so i dont loose it lol

started out a while ago when i saw a mates white 202bhp glanza and that was it i wanted one

never got any pics of it when i got it but i removed boost restriction before i left the sellers forcourt haha

went a few month then i bought a nightpager decat and blueflame exhaust

decat = awsome

exhaust = epic fail

had to trim loads down bent brackets and still rattles quite badly but will be replaced very shortly :D with a starbus special :D

next up was a set of tein springs along with some interior goodies (boost gauge, turbo timer etc)

and this is how it stood

003.jpg

001.jpg

also a cheeky lil sticker

002.jpg

went a few week before i was suffering boost creep badly :D

so stock low hi boost controller went back on in constant low boost

hit0.4 then creeped to 0.6 so was just a tad quicker then stock

then i realised how ugly the oz wheels were so changed back to stock

progresspics001.jpg

progresspics002.jpg

ozs sat in garage waiting for a buyer

then i got my claim money through from my accident in me corsa

good times or something like that lol

and i went and spent abit of money

- ported wastegate

- Ported manifold

- A/C removed

- small motox air filet on side of the bine

- FMIC with custom stainless steel hard pipes (starbus mad it up for me)

pics below

front end off

progresspics003.jpg

cold side done

progresspics004.jpg

size differance

progresspics005.jpg

good route :D

progresspics006.jpg

this it how pipe pop round front crossmember on both sides

progresspics007.jpg

and while ricky (starbus) did all of the above i amanged to cut middle out of my bumper lol

progresspics008.jpg

didnt get any mor epics as we wer quite busy with a fair few bits

didnt even get FMIC mounted as we run out of daylight lol but it sits on bottom of bumper and we will mount it up next time we got front end off lol

and thats as it sits today apart from regular oil and filter changes every 3-3.5k miles

wel today i decided she needed a wash so i gave her a right good wash/dry/wash/dry/polish/wax

pics really dont do her justice but shes really clean and smooth, paintwork is like glass

anyway heres pics at a few local locations :D

my dads yard 1st up

good graffiti of mindless vandalism ??

starbus036.jpg

starbus037.jpg

starbus038.jpg

starbus039.jpg

starbus040.jpg

thought ide stand on one of machines knocking about and get an arty high up shot lol

starbus041.jpg

a not so good high up shot, too much angle on wheel lol

starbus042.jpg

starbus043.jpg

same yard diff area

starbus044.jpg

starbus045.jpg

starbus047.jpg

my fox hanging off my towing high for that JDM look lol

starbus046.jpg

now to the other side of rotherham for a high up location overlooking rotherham and some of sheff

starbus048.jpg

starbus049.jpg

low down arty shot, or atempt anyway lol

starbus050.jpg

starbus051.jpg

starbus052.jpg

then same location diff spot

had to drive about 500 yard down a public footpath to get to this spot and had to moove alod of fallen sticks and stuff lol

starbus053.jpg

starbus054.jpg

starbus055.jpg

turned her around

starbus056.jpg

on footpath coming out or the spot

starbus058.jpg

starbus059.jpg

Wonky FMIC i know lol, ill mount it up soon

starbus060.jpg

location move again

this time one of those water stations next to the river that smell badly like poo :S

starbus061.jpg

starbus062.jpg

same location diff spot

starbus063-1.jpg

starbus063.jpg

starbus065.jpg

starbus066.jpg

and that pretty much sums up my day.

be after xmas when i do anything else to her, not happy lol

but watch this space as shes not gune be the usuall throw on a hybrid/td04

ive got plans :D but my plans change everytime i talk about them so im not going to post them up here lol

anyway comments and criticism please

alos sorry about amount of pics

toodle pip

(PS: when posting i realised my pics look abit not right good, just checked my camera and i had it on wrong setting all day :'( epc failure on my part lol, ill get it next time)

• 2 months later...

update with new wheels and after a wash and a polish

TRD shifter in aswell

starbuss015.jpg

mid polish

starbuss016.jpg

polishy roof

starbuss018.jpg

starbuss019.jpg

starbuss020.jpg

starbuss021.jpg

starbuss022.jpg

starbuss025.jpg

starbuss027.jpg

starbuss026.jpg

not sure on what make the wheels are but they weigh 4.3kg a wheel without tyres so nice and light

fresh refurb by metal magic in barnsley in a slightly diff colour but i love it

and 4 brand new 195/50/15 toyo proxes T1Rs

like i say trd shifter in and got a set of anti lift plates to fit prob have a go at them tomorow (FMIC still not mounted i know)

comments and criticism please ?

i allways pass them off as enkie reps lol nice and light anyway so smiles all round

PS spend all of today mounting FMIC up not totally happy with boost pips are there not sat too comfy but ill have them re done next month probs if rick can find room in his busy scedule

• 7 months later...

Forgot all about this thread but i have made alot of changes since back then

since then it had an emange blue inatlled running a 0.9 on ct9 as actuator was fubar so wouldnt allow any more boost

slippy clutch made me install exedy paddle clutch, found out my wheels are genuine enkie by tracing part numbers back so smiles for me, with the ecu had a gizzmo boost controller aswell with 4 boost settings :D

then i had a little money and had a choice, td04 setup or holiday with the bird ?????? we all know what i should of chose to keep "er in doors" happy but decided against in

TD04 baybeee, hell yes, ubes

went back to ricky of race tech and had a custom mani made up, new downpipe and cooler pipes adjusted to suite then out mapping got to 0.8 bar which was miles faster but was blowing the spark out :D so new plugs needed, oredered heat 8 ngk iradiums, which sorted that out so now mapped to 1.2 bar which its runs at alot of the time but 0.8 for tootling to and from work to keep fuel costs down :D

the only problem im having at the minute is whenever it pops the boost pipe off the throttle body it hits the coil end of my king lead and ive not brok 3 king leads :harhar: not good and im currently using one ive borrowed from rick so need to lower my coil so it cant hit and get a new set of leads, to be ordered soon

anyway ill update with pics soon allthough car is filthy and under engine bay is like ive run it with no rocker cover thers that much oil/dirt etc in there

also ordered a cusco LSD so that should be here soon as spinning one wheel at santa pod if fur de loozers :)

still managed a 13.6 at 106 mph with best terminal of 108mph, and that was on t1rs aswell, so with some r888s and a diff i should be getting my 60ft down under the 2.2 barrier i seem to of hit

pics soon :D

Sounds good mate lets see this sexy TD kit :harhar:

You had it RR'd at 1.2 bar?? Does it feel safe on stock internals?

I want about 1.1-1.2 bar when mine is running until I can afford to forge

nah not had it on rollers yet, its in the pipeline after xmas though as whilst were there we can make some tweaks to map aswell

its mapped safe on top end and standard internals seem to be holding up, theres no reason why they shouldnt to be honest, if it wasnt for the fact its a daily driver it would be at 1.4, but just take alot of timin gout of it haha

pics will be up tomorow when i cba to fish camera out lol

PICS AS PROMISED

extrior looking pretty much as it did

starlet017.jpg

starlet018.jpg

and this is where it gets interesting ;)

under the "hood"

may also notice i decided to paint middle of stock strut brace in red when i was up at a mates spraying his engine mounts pink lol

aint that mani sexual ? i know its a lil water marked but ill get some wire wool on it and clean it up soon

starlet019.jpg

starlet020.jpg

starlet021.jpg

starlet023.jpg

screamer :) expelling my waste gasses ofcourse

starlet022.jpg

also i can see my wastegates blowing a little so will have to get another gasket and tighten it up, also my mesh on my turbo has split so i took the peice off that split before it got sucked in and am currently awaiting an air filter in the post :thumbsup:

engine bay is mucky :( i dont clean it cus im lazy, my excuse is bannets down so nobody sees it haha

comments and critisizm please ?