How do I fix this?

The other day I was messing around looking at wires and stuff, looking where I could wire my rev gauge up to.

I didn't cut any wires or really do anything, was just a bit too rough with it, and now one of the wires to the ECU (ignition timing or something I can't remember) is dodgy, the car starts and runs fine but if you wiggle the dodgy wire the engine splutters or just completely cuts out.

Like I said the car starts and runs fine, but obviously bumpy roads are going to shake things about - the dodgy wire moving means the engine stalling. It could probably be solved with a bit of tape holding it so it can't move but that's a bodge job and I don't want the problem to resurface.

So I know what the problem is, but have no idea what to do with it and don't want to mess with anything without knowing what I'm doing because that's how the problem arose in the first place.

:thumbsup:

bollocks I've posted in the wrong place

has the wire come loose right in the little square gaps in the ecu? if so its a right pain it the arse i had a similar problem with a wire in the back of the fuse box you can either try putting abit of solder to secure it or a good little trick is get a small peece of speaker wire and wedge it down the side of the loose wire in the little square pocket. depending on the thickness will hold well just obviously dont leave bare wire hangin out lol, the pin in the ecu is crap my rev gauge doesnt work off the pin either im pretty sure if that wire becomes disconnected it cuts the fuel? hope this helps :thumbsup:

has the wire come loose right in the little square gaps in the ecu? if so its a right pain it the arse i had a similar problem with a wire in the back of the fuse box you can either try putting abit of solder to secure it or a good little trick is get a small peece of speaker wire and wedge it down the side of the loose wire in the little square pocket. depending on the thickness will hold well just obviously dont leave bare wire hangin out lol, the pin in the ecu is crap my rev gauge doesnt work off the pin either im pretty sure if that wire becomes disconnected it cuts the fuel? hope this helps :thumbsup:

Tried the small bit of wire, didn't work.

Fucking shitty things, a few millimeters of wire/connection causing all this trouble.

It's working again now, not as bad as it was before, but I'm going to get a spare ECU just incase.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do with the dodgy wires/plastic block thing that the wires are going into?

Yeah it drives fine though, been out in it this afternoon quite a bit, no problems.

But it's just the fact that it's not completely reliable and might lose the connection if there's a bad bump in the road or something and it knocks it the wrong way... then you've got the hassle of unscrewing the glovebox panel and pissing around with it so the panel is staying off for now until it's completely sorted.

Will try the solder if nothing else works.

Solder wont stop the wire comming out of the plug.

Contact Demon Tweaks for a catalogue and they sell plug diy kits, you will have to put a new pin on the end of the wire so it doesnt pop out of the plug.. If thats what you mean..

If you mean the actual wire has split, youll have to solder and heatshrink it?