Well

Today was the fatefull day.

I came back from 2 weeks away in the usa.. got the car out. checked Oil, and coolant levels, let her warm up..took it easy for half hour or so, faint noise appeared so i stopped, checked everything again.. Started her up...fine..Oil light flickered when i got to some lights and then it just died. Got it started again and there is a god awful noise.

Well got it in the garage and in the air and i can confirm that its 3rd cylinder related.

Think it was oil pump failure resulting in doing a bearing..

So on a side note, if anyone has a set of forged pistons and rods, or a standard 4efte engine give me a shout.

Sad day!

These things happen.

It hasnt bothered me that much..its part of owning a modified car...

Tempting though as we have 2 spare mr2 turbo engines at the garage..and my dad has both a hayabusa engine and a zx14r engine...either 1.3 or can bore the zx to a 1.6 and supercharge both..

hmmm

Shit luck mate B)

Looks like your keeping the EP and going forged then after that poll :)

I do have one, not sure if its for sale yet though, I may be getting a GT after xmas and may keep this engine to forge

Although can anyone confirm if a EP91 FTE is different to an EP82 one? as in would it fit an EP82 loom ??

Shit luck mate :)

Looks like your keeping the EP and going forged then after that poll B)

I do have one, not sure if its for sale yet though, I may be getting a GT after xmas and may keep this engine to forge

Although can anyone confirm if a EP91 FTE is different to an EP82 one? as in would it fit an EP82 loom ??

i believe there is a difference with the looms as i know graeme (streetracer starlet) put an 82 fte in his sleeper 91 and he had some trouble with the loom don't think its a huge issue though, as i know that the 91 fte is practically plug and play with all 91's, personally i would ask graeme.

sorry to hear about your glanza jules but sounds like its gonna be bigger and better anyway B)

I'm running full Glanza gear....engine...loom ect. :p^_^ Im pretty sure its something to do with the knock sensor though.

My bad lol, i "was" positive i read in your build thread that your were using an 82 engine and you wished you got a glanza front cut as they were plug and play with all 91's i must of been tripping :p^_^