calling all UKSC guitarists

sorry if this is the wrong sections but i need some opinions from anyone who's into there guitars, ive been wanting a new guitar for awhile now but i don't really know what too look for when it comes to fakes ect.

i found this website with what seems to be quite cheap epiphone guitars and i'm just wondering if they are too good to be true.

heres a link:

http://www.mzonline.co.uk/epiphone-standard-21-c.asp

this guitar in particular:

http://www.mzonline.co.uk/epiphone-les-pau...-blue-102-p.asp

so have i found a good deal here or something to be avoided.

thanks

well those prices are about right for epiphones i think.

tbh i wouldnt really go buyin a guitar off a website i knew nothin about, i mean it COULD be anything, a cheap thai or chinese knock-off with an epiphone sticker on it.

i have bought all of my brand new guitars from a shop, admittedly two of them are ESPs and skint me a fortune, but at least if u go into a decent, well established shop u know your buying the genuine item, plus say theres a problem with it?? hhow do u get it fixed? one of my ESPs came with a bad Floyd Rose trem on it, had to have it exchanged for a new one, u couldnt really do that with some random website if a pickup or switch was faulty or worse, the neck was warped.

check out local shops first man, or if your bargain hunting, try a cash-converters, they have some gems now and again! u may pick up a jackson or somethin nice for that price!

Phil.

i think thats about retail for them. epiphone are the cheaper line of gibson so the quality and wood used to make them would be completly different. my mate has had one of each and they sound well but they have nothing on the gibson models and are a very heavy guitar to play.

phill has noted some conserns when buying online and you would be better off buying from a local dealer.

thanks

thats what i thought at first that the price seemed about right but then looking around a bit more i found that the blue les paul was around £400 everywhere else which is what got me wondering about if its a knockoff. and something about where it says its chinese made didn't seem right either not sure why though like i say I'm still learning about this stuff.

definately, no two guitars feel the same, my two ESPs (or LTDs to be precise) feelin TOTALLY different and yet have the same hardware and and neck-through design, yet the pickups and the trem and the neck are all set and play VERY VERY differently, not to mention how my epiphone plays compared with these.

Epiphone is a damn fine brand, as mentioned they are made by Gibson, in the same way as LTD are the less EXTORTIONATE end of ESP who essentially make guitars that only famous gits can afford to have custom made for them. My epiphone has given me very little trouble, so i can highly recommend them to u!

but defo go in to a store and play a few different guitars, see what feels best to u and whats comfortable, i.e. some people dont like ESP/LTD because of the weight, Herman from DragonForce uses Ibanez's rather than ESP as Ibanez's are lighter (i am not bullshittin here, i know this to be true as he is a friend of one of my best mates), which i can well believe! Also, some guitars will have broader, thicker necks than others, again my LTDs are bigger than my Epiphone, some people who have played my LTDs have commente that they would never buy one for themselves due to the size of the neck.

treat them like shoes man, go in, try them on for size and comfort within your price range and choose what feels best.

Phil.

Im not keen on the les paul, as it has a quite broad neck... and i have tiny hands ;) . so its kinda hard work.

ooh,there heavy too.

I have an mh-50 ESP and it has a slender neck so its easyer for me:) also well balanced, i was going to go for a jackson, but in the low range around £300, the main body wood was lighter than the neck(dont ask which wood,god knows) so it was unbalanced.

Again like some of the guys above said, i wouldnt bother buying from a shop i hadnt heard of ;)

been into a shop and played some different ones? Great fun! 'can i have a play of that £1000 sg please?' 'yeh man'. ;)

Thats the best way to find the guitar for you^^ as Nangle said

Agree with Phil 110%

Is better to get a guitar from a decent music/guitar shop

Not only can you try the guitars out before you buy them, but you'll get a lot more aftersales support than a website if anything was wrong with it

;)

And also with Bluebear, haven't played in over half a year ;)

(plus just sold all my guitars, so need to get a new acoustic)

Try:

www.pmtonline.co.uk

These guys know literally everything ever about everything Guitar, P.A, Drums, Electronics!

I've spent £10,000+ with these guys over the years, mail order and the best actual shop ever!

Yes, Better than the music shop in Waynes World! I KNOW!!!!