Hi, im kyle d from leeds.

I have joined as i am after some info on Starlet GTs and i couldnt find much anywhere else.

I currently drive a 1.2 corsa C and in June when i get my first years no claims im wanting to upgrade, i was going to get a 1.8 corsa c (0-60 8.0s, 123bhp, 126mph) but im wanting some other ideas and a glanza is one.

I dont have much knowledge on cars really so could someone please give me the figures for a starlet GT standard? its not on parkers.

A very important question - what insurance group are these?!?!?

Are they reliable cars?

Are they easy to mod/increase bhp?

Would i be able to get a good example for around 2500ish?

I want something thats pretty nippy, that i can tune. The corsa c i have at the moment is just for looks really, you cant do nowt to the engine because its soo small its pointless.

glad you found your way over. you should get all help and info you need as there are a friendly bunch on here.

standard stats for the earlier starlet gt is 6.9 to sixty 120+mph the later glanza is slitghtly slower in the low 7s after the boost restriction has been removed. light mods will see you into the sixes and 1bar boosting in eather is a force to be reconed with.

click for vid of 1 bar hybrid glanza-note 100ks is 60 and 160ks is 100

insurance ranges from the gt to glanza but its usualy between 10-13 dependant on which insurer you go with as its an import, gt turbos are easyer to insure than the glanza.

you should be able to find a decent example check our forsale section here and here

welcome to uksc :surrender:

Welcome along mate :lol:

I know someone with a 1.8 corsa c and he wants to race me but I wont waste my breath on one of them :p

The little Starlet is so much more tuneable aswell, 170bhp is achievable with some bolt ons :p

Thanks lads, are they high maintenance? As I've had my corsa 1.2 for 7 months and not spent a penny on it. I cant afford a car that's high maintenance and I've heard cars with turbos need fixing a lot?

Also, what are they like on petrol? Seriously. Because im starting a new job soon and it's 50 miles per day there and back 5 times a week. I'm hoping to get on the same shift as my mate so we can share cars but if not i'll have to do the trip myself 5 times a week.. Do you think it would take more than £40 to do 250 miles?

What are the common faults on them too, and i know nothing about turbos so any info on that would be great too.

thanks again.

here you go, have a read at this

also if you hunt about the site and forum theres lots of interesting information on the car :lol:

Very interesting, thanks!

I'm really interested, i just need to see some quotes.. and find out more info. I dont have much mechanical knowledge though that's the only thing that's worrying me.

Compared to teh corsa its going to be shite on fuel!! Although when driven sensibly they arent that bad as its still only a 1.3

Doing that much mileage it will need to be well maintained, oil changes usually around 3-4000 miles and got to be good fully synthetic oil

Hi,

Well I have both a starlet GT and corsa 1.8, to be honest they are both pretty much the same on fuel if driven hard. The GT has the expected niggles/knocks/ rattles etc from an older car but its all part and package. The corsa is mint inside though, leather and all, but not as exciting to drive. Also only group 9 insurance. If you do however side with the corsa mine is for sale, in the other cars section, with reduced price!

Hope you make the right decision!

Hmm i cant decide, it will be a big difference going from a corsa C to one of these, as the corsa is pretty luxurious compared to what i can imagine driving one of these to be like. I could manage with changing the oil every couple of month, but its if it needs anything else... with it being an import can you still get parts from a Toyoto garage? I arent gonna have anymore than £3000-3500 MAX so i dunno if i'd be able to get a nice one/one that hasnt been ragged to the moon and back. Id be looking at a Glanza too rather than a Starlet GT. They seem to bring pretty good money even though theyre pretty old.

I wont be getting any new car until i have a years no claims though which isnt until June so i have quite a bit of time to do more research :lol:

I like your SRI Turbo Tony, good luck on the sale. I'm after some of those alloys that are on it, i currently have 17s but i want to lower it more.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys!

And yeah thanks a lot paul, I've replied :thumbsup:

Does anyone think i could get a member from leeds with a Glanza to meet up with me and show me round their car? And maybe take me for a quick spin? So i can properly look at one and have a good look around and a chat about them.

I really am interested but i would like to see one and be a passenger in one first, i wont be getting one for about 4-5months so there's no rush.

If so, where would be the best place on the forum to ask?

Thanks

maybe politely post up in general, if i stayed closer id do the honors for you but alas i stay north of the border.

im hoping someone can help out and take you for a spin in a 1bar glanza, ul be hooked soon as you feel the speed hit at that pressure dude,

Im getting more and more hooked just thinking about it mate, i just need to get an insurance quote or 2 and see one in person :thumbsup:. Only thing is i dont have no parents to put on the insurance policy to bring it down so i just have to pay what it is ;)

I'll post now and just see, at least if i get hooked now i have plenty of time to save up ;)

Cheers Enzo.

Hey some advice:

1. I'd wait til you have 2 years NCB - i've just bought a Glanza and have 2 years NCB i got a quote a year ago and it was shocking.

2. Can't see £40 on fuel being a problem for 250 miles - depending on prices - i filled up with £35 to a full tank and got 282 miles and that with my glanza not running right - Gearbox problems and an air leak causing a dodgy idle.

3. Parts aren't hugely accesible but once you beging to get to know people and use forums like this it becomes so much easier as everyone is always willing to give a bit of advice & help.

4. If you do buy a Glanza cheap and it seems too good to be true, it usually is. I've personally just bought one very cheap but at the same time i was aware it'd easily need 1k's worth of love putting in to it.

There's my little pointers - hope they come in handy.