How do you look after/maintin your car?

i drive a ep82 gt advance,and astra vxr burg edition

change the

oil filter,oil,rad fluid every 3k

fuel filter every 7k

cambelt every60k

leads and plugs im not sure about,ill be doin it every 15k

check oil and water levels before i go out in it most days.

wash the car atleast once a week,tho my gt is garaged so will be used weekends mainly,so will be cleaned and polish/waxed weekly if needed.

think thats it,not had it on the roadsince august so bitty dusty just now.

Car gets washed most weeks, clayed, polished, sealed, glazed and three layers of wax once every 4-6 months, top up wax every couple of months

As for engine, check fluids most times that I go out, oil & filter about every 5k.

Believe it or not that person was on saxperience lol

saxperience?? the guy is obviusly a tea-pot!!!

i can imagine *drives 1.1 saxo and is probably the best mechanic in the world at 17*....NOT!!

lol the engines are bullet proof mate :thumbsup:

Sunny Days im not at work:

The car gets a full on wash.. i dont polish it just now as the paint work is nasty!!

Shes getting fully resprayed THEN ill be washing waxing & polishing every possible day :p

Engine service: Oil/Filter every 4500 - spark plugs every so often! , fuel filter due soon

pads and discs when needed , always adding parts to the car so the engines always having newer uprated parts :thumbsup:

The Paseo gets oil topped up when its looking low (checked often - just no set interval), washer fluids topped up regularly in the summer, rad fluid checked every time the bonnets open, cleaned weekly (dependant on weather), polished monthly, again, dependant on weather, hoovered out when polished, MOT'd but havent got the service sorted yet (been meaning to for a few weeks now actually)

Otherwise its pretty plain sailing.

But we did check the tyres the other day (something that hasnt been done in around a year) and they were awfully low, so thats another thing to keep doing - our local Shell garage has a tire checker - it its low press the button and you can get air from it.

Bob....gets a wash + megs 3 step when the weather is good (recently clayed him down doors still remaining) , interior clean when i have the chance mabe this weekend?, mechanicaly hes sound as a pound have a few maintenance bits to do rad flush + thermostat, oil + oil filter + mag sump plug, fuel filter and ill be checking the front pads this week too....as said above these things are 101% reliable.

Hes not complaining so im not in a rush to put the parts on give it atleast another 3-4k before anything gets done.....oh and i check his fluids and all lights when im about to head to uni/home, Tyres get checked when i pass a free pump thingy :thumbsup:

Believe it or not that person was on saxperience lol

He was clearly on about his saxo, knob end :thumbsup:

My old starlet was on D2 coilovers, so much stiffer than the Teins on my GT and neither car rattles itself to bits

He was clearly on about his saxo, knob end :thumbsup:

My old starlet was on D2 coilovers, so much stiffer than the Teins on my GT and neither car rattles itself to bits

Do they have to be on coilovers to be any good? Do they body roll or what?

This is what he said:

td04 conversion is the best for street use will see good performence gains

dont be fooled by quoted power figures most is bullshit.

you will not run over 16psi on a ct9 turbo safely and will not run big power with out afr adjust trough managment.fact

so guys that have adjustable actuators with an fcd like to bullshit figures.

these cars a muck imo i owned both glanza and starlet gt pure muck imo

cant get power down coming out of corners

keept stepping out constantly. tryed every suspenion

finished with tein coilover straped with strutbraces polybushed everything and eagle f1's still crap on the back roads.(starlet gt)

glanza fell apart tbh

they also feel dated without being oldschool.

again this is just my personal opinion feel very unsafe driving one.

My mate has a VTR and it looks nice, but hes constantly fixing it, he has a full time job and he hasnt even modded it (apart from decat) because hes not had enough money to after fixing something every month.

The bloke is 100% classic saxo driver. It is the exact reason they are know for being cnuts and are hated! They gob off about every other car as unless its a gash box saxo it'sobviously shite in their eyes.

The bottom line is the bloke who wrote the above doesn't have a flying monkeys about Starlets. All my mates that have owned or do own saxo's pugs, golfs etc etc have all got in my car and some driven it (the N/A - Dropped 40mm on springs) and said how amazing the handling was, how little body roll there is and compared it to a go kart. The fact is starlets have a Low height from chassis to roof therefore decreasing body roll. For example compare the body roll on a sports car to a 4x4. Many of toyota's new cars are the total opposite they use every inch they possibly can, to create more space making a small car feel big - even rerouting the exhuast (on the new shape Yaris)

I wouldn't say the stepping out thing is true either have not known either of my starlets, the N/a or Glanza to be that bad - my 306 Derv is 1000 times worse, the back end constantly wants to overtake the front.

Saxo's are also reknowned for being dangerous to crash in - the crumple like a paper bag. Yet this bloke says he feels safer in one. IMO let him crack on i hope he wraps his peice fo french crap sround a tree a few times with an attitude like that!

starlets on stock wheels are asking for trouble... i spun mine out at not very high speeds twice. but i wouldn't say it felt like a dangerous car.

to be honest i would take a starlet (of any variety, turbo or na) over ANY french car any time.

as for car maintenance, bourkey and galliano will back me up when i say my car is always lovely and clean :lol:

aiming to change oil and filter every 6k miles, spark plugs probly every 12.

I wouldn't pay any attention to what Saxo drivers say, the only ones that are worth a shit IMO are the VTS, and even they are underpowered.

Shitroen only get 120bhp as standard from a 1.6 whereas Toyota can get up to 162bhp as standard from the same litre. (4AGE 20V ftw :lol: )

Saxos might handle a bit better than Starlets as standard due to the Starlet having a rear beam, but that Saxo driver is an idiot, it sounds like he had it braced to fuck without remembering things like rear anti roll bar etc...

With the right mods the Starlet can become a very good handling, very predictable car.

I am seriously biased though and hate Saxos/Corsas/etc... with a passion, mostly because the majority of people that drive them are mindless pricks.

Saxo's are shit no matter how you treat them and that saxo driver was either talking out of his arse or he doesnt know how to treat a car. Starlets only give you shit if you give them shit. If you treat your starlet like cheryl cole, then you have a top quality and reliable piece of machinery! Jus my 2p :lol:

Joe

:lol: that guys a complete goon lmao

1. a hybrid is far superior for street.. especialy spool times... and the fact you can get the power down.. td04 better for track imo.. plus the fact that street on a td04.. will have a nightmare keeping that power down.. even at that trying to keep your internals from melting if they havent been uprated!!

2. 12psi is the best and safest advised for a ct9 turbo.

3. actuators and Fcd's are to help cope with boost creep and so.. nothing to with bhp figures

4. this guys a retard for the fact he's probably never learned about the cars propperly.

5. cant get the power down? then his running gear sucks bolls and most likely standard lol

6. seriously doubt he tryed every suspension.. as its like £600 minimum for new coilovers.. and the fact he owns a saxo now explains that he probably couldnt afford to run this sort of car...

7. This guy most likely hasent owned either cars.. why? because when you step in a turbod car you dont go back the way.. you go for a bigger better turbod car.. not a saxo..

8. Ive had my glanza a year now.. ive never had one bit fall apart? not once!! my pug 106 was renound for it every MONTH!! and i take care of my cars...

9. regret to say but the starlet i feel is the most safest little hatch back ive drove especialy for the power.. and ive drove a few hatch backs (not owning them friends allowing a drive)

10. This chap seems to be full of shite imo :p

Saxos might handle a bit better than Starlets as standard due to the Starlet having a rear beam.

Only reason that a saxo would out handle a starlet is due to them having a torsion bar thats it rly :(

French cars have many desgin faults and flaws, rust fast and electrics... shit they suck at that!! :p