311bhp is a really good result! how aggressive is the timing with the blitz ecu? how where the afr's... where they rich or ok?

I thought about a plug and play but herd they weren't of much benefit, so went a found a PowerFC... really want to get it mapped! and as stated in your other thread could do with a charge cooler lol, but tbf my Greddy smic is doing a dam fine job :)

whats your plans now? power wise your almost at the stock engine limit... handling time?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it runs slightly richer with the access ecu, I don't have the graphs to hand atm but will put them up at some point.

Definately a worthwhile mod with a Blitz ecu as theres no mapping costs involved and it ups the boost for you, although you will need a boost controler if you remove the tvsv.

Stock engine limit, no where near it mate!! Theres a guy who on the OC whos running very near 400bhp on stock internals and has been for over a year, most people say that over 350 its very wise to go forged.

I don't think I want to do any more power mods as its quick enough atm, reliable and anything over this level is going to cost £££'s and risk reliability and driveability. Suspension has been sorted as have the brakes, although I may add a whiteline arb and some uprated bushes.

Im mostly concerned about getting the gearbox to select properely tbh. :)

I believe it runs slightly richer with the access ecu, I don't have the graphs to hand atm but will put them up at some point.

Definately a worthwhile mod with a Blitz ecu as theres no mapping costs involved and it ups the boost for you, although you will need a boost controler if you remove the tvsv.

Stock engine limit, no where near it mate!! Theres a guy who on the OC whos running very near 400bhp on stock internals and has been for over a year, most people say that over 350 its very wise to go forged.

I don't think I want to do any more power mods as its quick enough atm, reliable and anything over this level is going to cost £££'s and risk reliability and driveability. Suspension has been sorted as have the brakes, although I may add a whiteline arb and some uprated bushes.

Im mostly concerned about getting the gearbox to select properely tbh. :p

ah yeah i have herd of many people running close to 350bhp and some very brave ones above that... i'm just to much of a pussy :) dont think i will push mine past 320bhp being my daily drive, think i would be very happy with 300whp :p

my ecu currently lets me peak 1.3bar which i think is on the limit of fuel cut, but my trusty AVCR keeps it from spiking over which is nice. what boost can the Blitz allow you to go to? i just wonder how much they put it down to timing adjustments type thing for power as the stock ecu boosts pretty high. might have to have look into a plug and play see what i can find (there so dam hard to get a hold of!)

bet it shifts though lol, and being 4WD i bet you get some amazing launches!... i just go side ways :p:)

I don't have any videos of the 13.1 1/4 mile unfortunately, that was my first run of the day aswell :p

No idea what I ran in the video I posted, probably a high to mid 13 :)

Not sure what boost you can run with a Blitz ecu as it removes the fuel cut, stock turbo will handle around 1.3 bar but the injectors will be maxed out so that will be the limiting factor.

I run mine at 1.1 bar as its considered the safe limit. My Blitz ecu is actually an MR2 one, just had to bridge the chargecooler pump relay. They come up on ebay every now and again, normally go for around £500 but there is a fuel saving to be had with one and when you come to sell it you will get your money back :p

Oh yeah they launch like a ba***rd!!

Ive been having problems finding the right technique as my previous best was 14 dead.

So my new technique is to whack the handbrake on, build revs to 4.5k, bring clutch to bite, then release handbrake and your off, its so violent you nearly end up in the back seat :)

Good job Ive got an uprated clutch fitted!!

• 3 months later...

Finally managed to get hold of pictures from a trackday that I did at RAF Barkston Heath a couple of weeks ago, so just thought Id some of the photos and a few videos of the day.

Me trying to work out how to put a helmet on!!

2149022410103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

My soon to be Father in law, Barrie came along as additional driver, hes driven the Faff on the road a few times so thought Id let him see what it can really do :o

2088382690103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

The Celica on its track wheels, 225/40 16 Toyo Proxie T1R's, I also stripped the rear interior out just for the hell of it.

2129152100103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

Cooling down after some hard laps

2233605090103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

and the track action!

Baz at the wheel

2362821030103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

2354715110103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

Me giving it some

2620475620103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

2873193690103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

2422003480103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

2031560770103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

2193718590103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

Was a really enjoyable day, car performed very well and with no mishaps.....

....apart from a couple of spins and hitting a few corner marker poles on the sprint track but at least we made it back in one piece, unlike the owner of a Porsche Carrera who managed to somehow park it on its roof!!!

A few videos onboard the Faff:

On the slalom track

On the sprint track

We did get alot faster on the sprint track as the day went on but didn't manage to get any videos of the quicker runs as the camera broke!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Im thinking about buying one, how do they perform?

Silly question i know as its all open to interpretation etc.

Fuel wise?

Performance is very good as you can probably imagine. A stock ST205 should run a high 14 second 1/4 mile, my best is 13.1 with 311bhp @ fly, pretty confident I could get a high 12 with less fuel onboard!!

Speaking of fuel, mpg isn't brilliant, I average around 20-21 mpg usually. Most Ive had was 25mpg. The last time on track I did 95 miles and burnt the entire tank off, its a 68 lire tank on these :p

i love your car and i would like to ask for its wheel in marriage? :(

:thumbsup:

Looking good mate i should have the same mods on my Caldina GTT very soon :D keep up the good work bud.

Love the Caldina, very much a street sleeper, are you on the OC mate??

• 1 year later...

an update on my mod thread, its been quite a while so here we go again!

Got a few things to fit on the faff over the winter.

SRB Power 2.75" decat, took ages to find one in this diameter!

2183091810103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

JSP shortened throttle cable

2257384840103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

UK spec number plate surround

2641519520103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

Also waiting on a selection of gauges, mounting pods and rad hoses.

Pics to follow when they arrive.

They've arrived!!

gauges include: boost, volts, afr, oil temp, oil pressure and water temp.

was thinking about just putting the oil and water gauges in the dash pod and leaving the rest off as already have a boost gauge and where its fitted don't think il get the pillar pod in!

rad hoses obviously need a clean up before fitting too!

oh and sorting the wiring out looks like it'll be interesting :p

2880728090103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

also she passed the MOT last week with no advisories :p

Since doing the trackday at Barkston Ive done probably around 80-90 laps of the new Blyton park circuit so hoping to have a fmic setup on after xmas :p

^^

don't know really!

it was cheap!!

im thinking of possibly doing the castrol rally look but with a subtle look, ie dark and light grey instead of green and red.

rally car has a black uk plate surround so it might fit in!

something along the lines of this:

silverghost.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

downpipe now fitted, its LOUD!!

I had a slightly annoying rattle from the exhaust for a while so had the mid silencer box cut out to try and drowned it out a bit, well now its drowned out alot

2.75" straight through with the only silencer being the back box, oh well!!

Also pinched the front seats from my brother in laws broken Impreza, alot more supportive then the stock celica ones, should be able to go round corners at speed with out falling out of them now!

Not yet fitted, need to get the frames modded.

2379618510103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

Very nice mate. ;) I used to have one of these, but sold it about 3 years ago. ;) They are quite happy running 1.1bar boost, but it's just a case of hoping the ringlands hold out, as some don't seem to like the boost increase. :p

Heres a pic of mine from back in the day:

DSC001581.jpg

I'll look foward to seeing updates on how yours is going. :p