Removing rear seats

Hi chaps.

I never really have any passangers in the back of my car, so am debating removing the rear seats.

Does anyone know if doing so affects the insurance? Also, is it a worthwhile idea in terms of weight loss?

Did a few searches but couldnt find anything.

Cheers pps.

Oz

Ive removed mine. Easy job liturally took 2 minutes and has no affect with insurance as logn as you dont have chinesse imagrants sitting in the back with no seat belts. And when it comes to weight loss the back seats dont even way 5kg so not worth doing for that sole reason.

Ive removed mine. Easy job liturally took 2 minutes and has no affect with insurance as logn as you dont have chinesse imagrants sitting in the back with no seat belts. And when it comes to weight loss the back seats dont even way 5kg so not worth doing for that sole reason.

Cool.

So did you "inform" your insurance company at all?

I take it you felt no difference in performance from removing them then?

Oz

Na it doesn't make an difference on your insurance.

It depends on what you use your car for as to whether it's worth while. Personally, I would only take mine out if used for track/drag. But otherwise it's pointless and noisy for me.

Pretty sure it effects insurance as they class your car as a 2 seater then.

I know someone who had a heavily modded Fiesta everything declared bar the fact there was no back seats, he had a bump and insurance wouldnt pay out because of that.

All depends who your with maybe.

Not hard to put them back in anyway if anything happens :harhar:

Pretty sure it effects insurance as they class your car as a 2 seater then.

I know someone who had a heavily modded Fiesta everything declared bar the fact there was no back seats, he had a bump and insurance wouldnt pay out because of that.

All depends who your with maybe.

Not hard to put them back in anyway if anything happens :harhar:

Thats what I was worried about. Im with sky so will give a bell tomorrow and see what they say.

Oz

u are too kind sir. my boot is a combination of inspiration from Bourkey's install, a vision of how i wanted the rear interior to look, and a vision in my brother's head for the 6x9s. thanks for the kind words man. but i would throw them out man, and remove the seat belts too, that way MOT have nothing to complain about, no belts and no seats = no rear passenger worries.

Phil.

u are too kind sir. my boot is a combination of inspiration from Bourkey's install, a vision of how i wanted the rear interior to look, and a vision in my brother's head for the 6x9s. thanks for the kind words man. but i would throw them out man, and remove the seat belts too, that way MOT have nothing to complain about, no belts and no seats = no rear passenger worries.

Phil.

Well its a really neat job :) Im off to check Bourkeys out now...

Ive seen a 15" Oz white superturismo on ebay going silly cheap....well tempted to have it for a spare. Would look nice mounted in the back. Only thing is my ebay account is playing up (cant login), and ebay havent got back to me yet. :(

Oz

Don't see why your taking your rear seats out TBH, but hey its your call.They don't weigh enough to effect the car in anyway. Hell you could take a big dump before you went a drive and it would make the same difference.

lol true.

I suppsose its also for asthetic reasons, plus an excuse to not have passengers!

Spoke to Sky, they said I should inform them if i do it, but they *think* it shouldnt affect my policy.

Oz