this is starting to worry me.....

when i drive my car for about 30 mins and say am in traffic and need to come to a stop, i put it in nutueral, my car seems to make a reving sound basically on the revs it goes to 2000 revs then back down does that untill i put it in D then move on.

is that normal or do i have a problem, ive heard people say its kooling down the turbo,the oils are lubricating it so it doesnt sees up. but to me i dont like the sound doesnt sound healthy.

does this happen to any 1 else?

what could be the problem or is it completly normal.

is it becouse it a auto?

thankys people

Could be a problem with the idle control valve? Not sure though, and a turbo timer usually works when you have turned your car off, so you set a time on the timer for the engine to run for it to cool the turbo (s) down. Do you have a turbo timer? Anyhow this wouldn't explain the rev's shooting up to 2000rpm at idle. I'm sure someone who knows the answer will pop up and help you out mate.

You might wanna post this up in the techincal forum?

I thought they idled high in nuetral? or in gear but on the brake?

No our Previa (automatic) idles at less than 800rpm. And it doesn't hunt either.

As others have said it's probably the idle control, but I have heard that some engines hunt on idle when they're cold but you say it's when you've been driving for a bit... so it's doing it when it's warm (off "choke")...

The rev counter needle should remain steady in neutral at normal operating temperature so if it's hunting there could be something up.

Have a scan around the engine bay in case any connectors or pipe have come loose mate. Could be something simple.

Jay

i have had a good look and nothing all pipes and connectors seem fine :( i just dont have a clue. like said on here could be the idle control valve which i dont have a clue were abouts it is.

Intake manifold on the right hand side of it under the lil black rubber bung.

Start the car after it's up to temp then turn the screw under the bung till you get a stable idle around 800rpm i think it is. It will only need adjusting very slightly. :(

had somebody come round to do a diagnostic test on my car, his computer couldnt bloody pick up the computer in my car dont kno why, says imports have problems getting diagnostic tests done.

dont kno what to do now!

any ideas?

this is crazy, went for a drive there and it seems to be not making them revs sounds wen cuming to a stop :lol::)

the car feels smoother to drive some how.

the guy did plug his computer in it and all it said on his screen is please wait (kept saying that for 10 mins or sumthing) so he thought its not going to access your computer in your car.

can that of reset the computer in my car??

becouse its not making the revs sounds anymore when cuming to a stop its weird dont kno whats happend.

didnt cost a penny n all.