Wouldn`t go over 90......

Me and a friend decided to go manchester and eat....on the way back this bad boy in a 1.4i civic started giving it some as we hit the M62 i planted my foot but it wouldn`t go over 90 it was very windy but would that be the cause? after a while it got over 90 and then we grilled his V-tec ass by a few car lengths (then my student wallet started crying and had to pull back)......overall throughout the trip there and back it felt slightly sluggish/not pulling its weight.....is it me over reacting? or could something be wrong? usually after 60 it takes off to 100.

5k since its last service.....temp was halfway, almost full tank of petrol, just two people in the car..... :lol:

It will be the 2 fat assed people in the car and the wind slowing the car down.

But tbh theres not much point trying to wring the bollocks out of the car you own as it's not designed to do 90+ :lol:

all i know loras starlet raced a friends civic eg 1.5lsi non vtec on a 1/4mile private road and was a good fair race, but we was a car length ahead only took her to 70 as the lil starlet proved its point and showed it could hold its own lol and i ddint even have a rev gauge so i had to use my supreme drivin skills to judge the car changes right lol

Speed limits are bullshit though, there's this road by me that is wide enough to be a 60 or 70 mph road, it seriously is wide a fuck, could fit a big bus lengthways on it, and it's a 30 or 40 because a police man lives down there, I think it used to be a 40 and then went down to a 30. All because some prick wants less noise. Fuck 30.

It not an excuse but this was at 4am in the morning with a few cars on the motorway with 3 lines (4 on occasions) empty.....im pretty confident that if it was a non windy day we could have beat him much faster......come to think of it not sure if it was a v-tec.

I may add since drving i have only managed to break the speed limit a hand full of times so it only happens on the very rear ocassion....also saw a Q7 almost trying to take off in the fast lane must have been going 120 atleast

Glad everythings ok another 4k and its service time :lol:

I may add since drving i have only managed to break the speed limit a hand full of times so it only happens on the very rear ocassion....

so you admit that you haven't had the experiance of driving at such speeds to make it safe (if there is such a thing) to do on public roads with other road users?! :lol:

eh? 90% of the time im sat in the 1st lane @ 55-60.....which of you do that? actually forget that why do people mod there cars? to go fast i.e over the speed limit so every one is guilty.

1st lane 60 bellow

2nd lane 70

3rd lane? why did they make this?? tarmac left over? if the speed limit is 70 and most if not all people who do 70 are in the 2nd lane?

mate i didn`t post this thread to argue or be funny with anyone just wanted to know if anything was wrong with the car.....i know what i did last night wasn`t the best of thought out thing but have you never done such a thing? we all learn and grow it was the first time i actually "raced" anyone and it will be last.

lol ^ im just under 11 stones n my mate is well...ermm 12?

@ cal i want to be confident with the power i have before i get a FTE after taking bourkeys for a spin its quite scary considering ive only been driving since may? there is alot more to pay attention too.

eh? 90% of the time im sat in the 1st lane @ 55-60.....which of you do that?

not alot of people when the limit is 70 :thumbsup: alough it depends on the conditions!

actually forget that why do people mod there cars? to go fast i.e over the speed limit so every one is guilty.

not everyone is after top speed and going balls deep, in the UK it's all about acceleration, handling, braking, being unique & safe

1st lane 60 bellow

2nd lane 70

3rd lane? why did they make this?? tarmac left over? if the speed limit is 70 and most if not all people who do 70 are in the 2nd lane?

lanes 2 & 3 are overtaking lanes, not fast lanes! some vehicles on our roads are limited to lower set speed limits i.e. caravans, lorries... etc and some vehicles are only allowed in lanes 1 & 2.

mate i didn`t post this thread to argue or be funny with anyone just wanted to know if anything was wrong with the car.....i know what i did last night wasn`t the best of thought out thing but have you never done such a thing? we all learn and grow it was the first time i actually "raced" anyone and it will be last.

... yet you openly flout the law on an open public forum... and now your going on about how your not confident with the power you have already and you've only been driving since may.... can you not see why your posts make you look like an accident waiting to happen?! :)

What the?

i stick at 60 because its far more economical....what was it like for you while being a student? have all the money in the world?

^ is it really all about that? has no1 ever gone over limit? including you?

so if every one was doing 70 and no1 ever travelled a length of journey from A - B going over the limit where would we be? in an emergency do you stick at 70?

seems as if the more i say the more you make me out as a bad driver...... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

^^ i only take my car to 2000rpm. Sometimes 2500rpm. And motorways its 60mph. No need to rag it top end on a motorway for mwa any wayz.

Regarding finding it hard exceeding 90mph put it down to wind.

Do po po actually look at forums and say 'ooo hes a naughty boi lets charge him' or something like that?

Its cool bud (may just ask 1 of the mods to kindly delete the whole thing its been spammed enough by certain members) .....tbh i just dont have to money to pour into it i have come along way with "bob" i would like to finish him off by putting the TTE spoiler on and lowering him on TTE springs and thats it. (i have the spoiler its going on in the summer, been waiting since july for some TTE springs)

Then next year i would like a glanza 1998-1999 black/white..... :D