f**king gutted I FEEL LIKE CRYING!

got in the car just before to pick up my girlfriend, started driven for about 20 mins and seen some lights come up on the dash, it was my battery light and temp light. looked at my temp gauge and went sky high. so quikly pulled over,lifted my bonnet and loads of steam started coming out :thumbsup:

looked at my coolant bottle and the lid was off and the coolant bottle was empty. waited for 30 mins for everything to cool down. filled it back up with some water and filled the raidiator up then moved on. got home but temp still going higher.

i am totally GUTTED i have just got the car like a month ago i just wanna cry badly :)

can any 1 please please please advice/tell me what the problem could be????? i hope to god this isnt major

i was all excited bout getting this motor as well and it seems like its just turned into a disaster!!!

my red n/a ran with no problems and was so reliable, so going from that to my GT its *ucking really getting me pissed!

The alt belt must have gone it drives the water pump i think?......best thing is put a new belt on change the thermo (eliminates that and only cost a 10er) and see how it goes from there keeping a very CLOSE eye on her.....fingers crossed it didn`t damage the head.

sto worryin first of all, drain ya fluids, change ya thermostat n check all ya belts, change ya coolent, go driving for abit and see what happens, if the temp goes sky high, get ya alternater checked to see if its fooked, if it aint that, its ya water pump

streetracer was just saying be careful if you are giving advice because it is a sensitive problem iamlegend is having.

This is the same with any problem where people need help.

Hope you get the overheating problem sorted mr legend.

Hold the bus asad. Its overheated so how can you instantly jump to the side of a belt??? Could be so many possibilitys. Next you'll be telling him its his rear pads that are the problem.

Considering the question asked - Streetracers' response can only be described as " HARSH "...................

this has happened to me twice asad, both times it was the thermostat,

but saying that before each incident happened, the thermostat was on its way out being lathergic and staying at the bottom,

did you notice this before it happened?

thanks very much guys for all the responce making me feel better.

i think the thermostat must be dead becouse i dont get any hot heat inside the car its self so thats a defenent yes to change. like that when got the car

was getting both the belts (not the cambelt) changed on (thursday) as well due to making sqeeky sounds.

i noticed as well when i filled my coolant bottle up, looked at it again when came to a stop was empty :thumbsup:

i remember you saying about the heat issues not long ago did u not get the thermostat dne?....i assumed the belt would have gone for the batt light to come on unless the alt is also at fault? but if the belt breaks nothing is driving the pump...and it can be 1 of the causes.

i still stick to my first answer...check + replace the belt aswell as the thermo fill her up and keep a close eye on it.

on my broz, the heating had stopped working an hour or two before whilst he was on his way home. He was home for about an hour and a half then went back out, Checked the plugs leads for any water going in, was dry. then we set of to go have some 'fun' and he'd parked up 5mins later saying his temperature had shot up. found his rad was pissing out the front. luckily had a spare. got that in and now its running fine. :thumbsup:

right checked my car just a min ago, i can actually see now becouse its day light.

my belt has snapped the 1 closest to rocker cover if you kno what i mean. :thumbsup: i was getting them bloody changed on thursday as well becouse of the noise it was making. so basically thats the problem isnt it?? if that gets fixed it will be sorted wont it?

i hope driving the car since that had snapped hasnt casued any damage else were

the belt stops driving the alternator which means no charge to the battery, and the water pump isn't being driven so the coolant isn't pumped through the engine and through the radiator so its not dissipating heat, and your engine overheats

i'm amazed you got it started after the batt light came on, and without an alternator im amazed you got home

- you have since edited your question out...

Get sorted as soon as.....belt + thermo + coolant and see how it goes as dub said its a solid little engine so chances are you mabe ok :thumbsup:

after that if its still taking in water (and its not leaking from anywhere) + the temp is high you can only assume its the head (while doing this job you may aswell do the water pump)

if its physically leaking it would be from the water pump, rad, thermo stat housing, heater matrix and hoses.