had my exhaust on for about two years now, but its not really that loud as its just the backbox ive replaced... (i dont like really noisy exhausts)

but i fancy having it a little bit louder as its not very loud at all... and i was considering cutting out the crappy centre box on the standard exhaust system, (it catches on bumps anyway!) i have some exhaust piping that is the perfect size but i dont want it being raspy... i dont wanna do it and then not like it you get me?

ive still got the cat in place, so i guess my question to the n/a members is does it get raspy without the centrebox?

opinions welcome.

Rich.

Ok fellas this is the setup i had as follows on my sr.

Had the TTE backbox.

1st of all got a decat yep it got louder no rasp or nothing.

added induction kit yet again made it louder.

Once i got work done on the car i got a full powerflow exhasut system with new back box.(Cat out but had a new centre box)

Yes it was louder with a little raspiness the odd time was a very very note :rolleyes:

Then i took out the centre box that powerflow put in with the system. Made pretty loud indeed. Once flooring and knocking hard through gears as i had a short shifter haha it was very loud. And sitting at a constant speed on the motorway/dual carriage way it was pretty loud sometimes annoying but i did like it <_<.

Finally when i got the corolla inlet manifold fitted, it made the note of the car a wee tad quietier which was better than before as it wasnt too loud or too soft haha.

Hope this helps guys!

Remember the vid i sent you of my car scutch? No raspiness in that at all <_<

Thats stainless from the cat back, no centre box just a back box. It sounds louder than it is in that vid because im going down a road with 8ft walls either side :rolleyes: but the note is just right in my opinion!

i had my full system from downpipe back with just a resonator box in it and that was seriouslly loud it was a little raspy at times but not too major. depends how its made up to how raspy it will be because the rasp is due too vibration thats why all new cars from the factory have weights welded on at certain points on the system to stop rasp!!!

Guest Enzo

if you want a decent low growl that makes your car sound alot bigger then it is its all into the back box.

when i had my first saxo i toured down to rms to have a cat back straight through center exit whxuast, i aksed the guys to give it a sound bigger than it is with no raspy ness.

they came back with twin straight through silencer with single letterbox upswept dtm style,

the thing used to set off car alarms and made the car sound way bigger then a 1.1

mate i have no cat and no boxs all i got now is a backbow but its not load or raspy as i have a big backbox but when i had that old glanza motobike can on there it was fucking load raspy the lot as there was no silencer so its up 2 you 2 give it a risks

Remember the vid i sent you of my car scutch? No raspiness in that at all  <_<

Thats stainless from the cat back, no centre box just a back box.  It sounds louder than it is in that vid because im going down a road with 8ft walls either side  :rolleyes:  but the note is just right in my opinion!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, i remeber mate... hmmm, i may give it a go then... its just you have a proper box dont you? whereas mine is a 'cannon' style (jap can), so theres less baffles.

Rich.