Battery size!

Hey, i searched through the old threads and couldn`t find the proper battery size....i think i need a new one soon (will leave it parked up for 2days then go n start it to see the outcome) i wont be going halfrauds (dads getting one on mates rates) the one in there seems to be a smaller size (see pic) and might not be storing sufficient current.

post-2492-1234131587_thumb.jpg

i had to replace mine last year. had the original panasonic 1 which was 10 years old!

you have to get one the same size or the terminals are too big.i can see you got lead space on the ground terminal because the even the small size batteries arent perfect.

it up to you if you want a larger battery, changing the terminal is not that difficult. i can tell you now a good qaulity batteries are not cheap. mine cost me £65 for the right size one! :) considering normal batteries were £30 back then. The small battery will hold enuf charge (if good quality), i got a clifford which sucks power, and it snowin hard down here in luton and i have had no probs.

but you could get a larger battery which are normally cheaper and upgrade the terminals, might cost less. but even with this the battery clamp will need modifying!

decisions, decisions..............................

Hmmmmm....i just want the size Mr toyota put in there and im pretty sure it wasn`t this one, if so why make oversized brackets for it?

my old man will be getting one on fri i`ve told him to get the bigger one and not to be cheap.

TSP has the right one......

22122008612.jpg

^^mine was the same size as the origional..can get a pick if need be?

I just went to the local independent car parts place n asked for a starlet battery..i looked in halfords aswell n they were the same size (just double the price)

Ill i have to get the right size and let my old man know.....when he gets back to me ill text you....you seem to have a similar one to mine, im also going to make my own earth kit im sick of waiting hours for the window to come up/head light flicker etc.

How much ££££££££££££££££££ are you talking for a group battery buy :). This is going to be the most interesting group buy ever. The power we will get OHHHH. ;)

Bourkey

If bob starts mid-week ill hold out and put one in after 4-5k when i do the major service....*update in due course*

ill need to know the ammount of people willing to join in to try and get the price down

Lol ^

Right, after having a close look theres seems to be a difference in the battery bracket itself ...the bracket seems to be further out on some

firstly Nics 5 dr has this one

DSC00683.jpg

while bourkey, me, tsp and kennedy have this one

DSCF1983.jpg

02112008765-1.jpg

22122008612.jpg

08092008467.jpg

@ kennedy do you still have your old one?

Unfortunatly not..got a pic of the size though?

I was busy last night but when i get in tonight i'll get the size for you..the 1 i got was a straight fit..was abit longer but fitted the bracket spot on.