New Guy Southampton

Hi All,

Now i hope you guys and girls don't mind me joining up??? I don't have a Starlet and nor do i intend to ever own one (a fully working one anyway :) )!!!! This may at first sound a bit crazy, i mean what is the point in joining up here when im not going to get a starlet. I will shortly explain.

I currently drive a modified Lexus IS200 and im very much into lexus and toyota's for that matter. My bro had a really nice starlet that he imported form Japan and i almost bought it before he eventually sold it, that was some 5-6 years ago.

I recently bought an ABS Freestyle, i hear most of you now saying WTF???? Its basically a extremely light/small kit car that it mainly bassed on the mk1 mini.

Im currently building it up and i know James at Toyota GT quite well, as im sure alot of you do?

Anyway, he has been talking with me about the car and i have decided to go crazy with the thing and drop a 4EFTE engine into it, now you can probably see why i joined!

Over the next few months im going to be after either a damaged starlet or....engine, gearbox, turbo, manifolds, ecu, wiring loom, driveshafts etc etc.

I will when she is fully built bring it along to a few meets if i can and i hope you guys don't mind me joining??? I will keep a full build diary on here and update regularly with pictures, text etc when i can but its going to be absolutely crazy!!!!

Its RWD, is a third lighter than a MK1 mini but the same wheel base, and has no roof, sides, doors, windscreen etc its basically two seats a roll cage and an engine.

here is a few pics of what it currently looks like, but not for long :surrender:

n587840472_3512149_662.jpg

n587840472_5458601_7791.jpg

Bit of a mess at the moment but you get an idea of size! yep its really that small!

Jason :drunk2:

Thats a death trap on wheels.... I love it :)

Welcome along your more than welcome hear seeing as your beast will have 4EFTE heart :drunk2:

Be sure to put a build thread up then, this will be insane :surrender:

Thats a death trap on wheels.... I love it :)

Welcome along your more than welcome hear seeing as your beast will have 4EFTE heart :(

Be sure to put a build thread up then, this will be insane :drunk2:

Thats funny you should say that, its sort of been given the name 'project deathtrap/deathwish' by me and my mates :surrender:

Looking at about 150-160bhp to start with and within the next year up this to about 200+ if i think it can handle it. The problem i have is that its such a short wheel base and there is NO weight at the front, i can pick the front of the car up by myself and move it around its that light! We have talked about extending the length but i love the size of the thing so may leave it. it will all come down to how the car handles on the road, forgot to mention that it WILL be road legal as well! The problem is that the rear constantly will want to overtake the front, if nothing else it will be an expensive smoke machine :(

Im relatively new to the 4EFTE engine so forgive my stupid questions while i build this thing. When its done i will bring it along to JAE, japfest etc end give people rides if they want a scare!

I will be doing a full build diary on here as well as about 5 other websites, this will begin next weekend when im over at ToyotaGT working on the car and can take some proper good pics!

Jason :(

Will you get another seat in there to scare someone?? :drunk2:

150bhp would be fine in that thing!! Easily achievable and still reliable.

Certainly will, the seat in the picture is not being used. Getting two fibreglass seats with no padding sort of like these.....

e025_1.GIF

Jason :surrender:

I used to be over in the Dibden/Hythe area, but am now down in Devon...

I think my bro may have been out for a spin in one of your cars back in the day???? Guy called Simon, he had a red Glanza V......probably about 5-6 years ago now. Im just down the road in Marchwood :drunk2:

Can you guys get hold of crashed Starlets/Glanza's??? or even front cuts( ie the wholeof the front of a starlet/glanza???

For this project im going to need engine, gearbox, manifolds, turbo, ecu, wiring loom, driveshafts. Might work out better to buy a smashed up one as then i have the V5 as well as that will come in handy at IVA time!

If you can source one send me a PM and we can talk :surrender:

He did indeed, we had a wee chat about all things Starlet in Tesco's! He had virtually the first red V in the UK... As for front cuts, I don't get them in I'm afraid (difficult to judge if it's been well looked after when there's only part of the car there). With the yen being so bad at the moment, I'd keep your eyes out for a UK breaker.

He did indeed, we had a wee chat about all things Starlet in Tesco's! He had virtually the first red V in the UK... As for front cuts, I don't get them in I'm afraid (difficult to judge if it's been well looked after when there's only part of the car there). With the yen being so bad at the moment, I'd keep your eyes out for a UK breaker.

Small world! I remember him saying something about one of the glanza's/starlets you had and saying it was pretty rapid. Thanks for info, looks like i will have to keep trauling the uk breakers :)