this car is getting worse and worse! my cars fooked :((

it could be the turbo seals

Why do people automaticaly assume it's the fookin turbo seals?? Smoke.......must be the turbo...errr NO. I'm not having a go by the way

If it was the seals it would stink like buggery which it doesn't so it aint the turbo :p

Why do people automaticaly assume it's the fookin turbo seals?? Smoke.......must be the turbo...errr NO. I'm not having a go by the way

If it was the seals it would stink like buggery which it doesn't so it aint the turbo :rolleyes:

paul mate i know your a knowledgable dude, but it still very well could be turbo seals :harhar: as said yes it points towards h/g failure but my point is that the smoke never happened until a while after replacing the belt if the h/g went immediately due to the snapped belt he would most likely have had the smoke from then on in (especially if he was to have warped the head)

but never, took a couple of weeks so what i would do and still stick by is do a co2 test that way you know for a definite but i know it is more likely a h/g failure, but doing a co2 test saves ripping the head off to find that it was not the h/g :D .

No offence taken mate, :rolleyes: the reason i asked in my first post how it smelled was to find out if it was burning oil ( smelly) or water/coolant (sweet) :D Which would narrow it down quite a bit :harhar: There are many "forum mechanics" who repeat the same shit everytime theres a "smokey" car, it often is the oil seals when people fit decats or new exhausts.

If the seals have gone you will normally only get smoke off boost/on idle. It will normally be light blue.

FYI

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/turbo/faults.htm

spent ages today on the car with my mate

first of all did:

coolant flush

oil change sort of,bloody oil filter wouldnt budge seems like it had seized up or somthing was taking the piss to get off have to get the garage to do it on tuesday when they ave a look at the car.

possably solved the problem could be the turbo seal becouse ive noticed oil in my air intake pipe when we took it off to get to the oil filter and no signs of whitey colour in the oil when we drained the oil out. hmmmmm

if it was the turbo seel, how do you replace them people??

ive been quated 600 for the head to be changed but i dont no for certion thats it. i really dont fancy splashing 600! thought wouldnt be that much to do.

rekon i should get a new turbo?bigger? really dont kno what to do, what would use do???