this car is getting worse and worse! my cars fooked :((

just bout to go on a drive there, noticed lots and lots of thick smoke/steam coming out of my exhaust was thinking thats not from my car, then relised it is, what the hell has happend?? my dad rekons its the head.

i dont have a clue??

goooood man feel so pisssed off bout this stupid car!!!!

pleeese help me again.

just bout to go on a drive there, noticed lots and lots of thick smoke/steam coming out of my exhaust was thinking thats not from my car, then relised it is, what the hell has happend?? my dad rekons its the head.

i dont have a clue??

goooood man feel so pisssed off bout this stupid car!!!!

pleeese help me again.

How does it smell??

Sweet or oily?

Looked in the rad cap to see if theres oil in the coolant??

Looked under the oil filler cap for mayo???

yep sounds like the head gasket has gone. :p its happend to me before on a mk 1 golf gti i had has all the water gone out of your radiator and your oil looks like mayonnaise. the head will need skimming and new gasket.

Mel

ok, id leave it for a day, then start it up, no revving or anything, and keep your eye on the engine and listen for noises and leaks around the manifold etc...

see how you go from there, then perhaps look at new water pump thermostat etc, if nne of that, get the head skimmed.

Hang on guys theres a few more tests to do before you's rush out and say its the headgasket.

let the car run turn on the heaters if you are getting warm air, then the h/g is fine, but would be wise to do a co2 sniff test that would tell you for definite.

but the fact that the smoke is white does not say to me that its headgasket failure possible turbo seals as i had that probs with mine.

forgot to mention before people, my altinator belt snapped couple weeks ago and that caused it to over heat big style so that could of caused this to happen

Ah well now thats different then, so you may have a failed headgasket and as andyi has just said if you ran it too long you may have warped the head so get that checked out aswell.

although after you mentioning the alternator belt snapping and everything points to h/g i would still do a co2 test, cause it never showed the steam directly after it happened just started now so it could very well be turbo seals.

so first of all do a co2 test.

i think its best if you just get your gt to your local garage but thats if they are any good lol. if it is the head gasket best not to keep starting it engine may cease up then it will be a new engine hope u get it sorted soon and its not the head gasket. you are looking at £600 to fix if it is

As i said the other day...........HOW DOES THE "SMOKE" SMELL is it sweet or oily???????????????????????????????????????????????????? :p

sorry dude, dinna becouse didnt really smell anything and i dont really want to start it again just incase it damages the engine

all can say as its steam by the looks of it, its like a steam train lol cuming out of the exhaust. i checked the oil and it seems to be fine with no signs of whitey colour. checked the bay and seems fine

another thing if it was my turbo seals wouldnt it have thick black smoke cuming out of the exhaust?

sorry dude, dinna becouse didnt really smell anything and i dont really want to start it again just incase it damages the engine

all can say as its steam by the looks of it, its like a steam train lol cuming out of the exhaust. i checked the oil and it seems to be fine with no signs of whitey colour. checked the bay and seems fine

another thing if it was my turbo seals wouldnt it have thick black smoke cuming out of the exhaust?

no it would only be black if you were burning excess fuel.

600 your been ripped off if thats the price you would of payed.

ive been quated 100-200max by my local garage (dads pall)

your lucky then you know someone that will do it for that. yeah cost me did a good job though got the head skimmed then head chemical clean and oil seals done to. might as well when its off :p

Oil is usually blue smoke and stinks, A tiny bit of oil will smoke like buggery though, water is white and smells sweet but could also be blocked PCV valve. Going by what you've already said then the head has warped after you cooked the engine.