Doesnt like small amounts of throttle.

in 1st, ticking over in traffic, it pulls smoothly(2mph). as soon as i apply a tiny bit of throttle it starts to leap forward and backward like a rocking horse. Then if i apply abit more it accelerates as normal.

My peugeot 206 Never did this, nor did my other previous starlet.

Could this be a dirty sensor? throttle possition sensor?

Thanks.

Mitch

Go into 2nd, see if it does it then. You should be fine rolling in 2nd on idle aslong as it's flat ground.

It's not going to solve any problems doing this but it might be a quick fix for doing low speed stuff.

Open the TB clean all the gunk, check your plugs,leads and dizzy.....mind you mine kinda did that when i left the sensor off when putting the rolla mani on so check the fuel + map?/maf? sensor vacum pipes.

Cheers lads, its had new plugs so thats alright, il check the TB tomorrow for crap and sensors etc.

Wheres the maf? ive looked for it before and couldnt find it.

Also, if one of you could answer,what are the benefits of stiffer engine mounts, polybushes etc? do you feel a difference? what effects do they have?

because i might be talking out my arse, but i have a theory that perhaps the engine/gearbox are rocking backward and forward (on worn mounts perhaps?)also and the body of the car is jaulting with it?

Im here to learn so put me right if im wrong, would be appreciated :D

Mitch

Its on the firewall circled red in pic (top left) theres nothing you can do to it, just make sure the vac hose is connected and the electrical connecter is plugged in...

e.jpg

As for the mounts with poly bushes youll actually notice the car vibrate more because they are stiffer....just inspect them bud, as for performance gains i guess you would notice better accel etc as the engine is "in place" as it were and not moving about.

Np also when you clean the tb take it off and do it, a friend tried to clean his and didnt take it off leaving all the flamable liquid/vapor in the intake when he started it made one hell of a noise felt as if the pistons would come flying out.....also gives you an excuse to port/polish it best of luck :D

On a side note open the dizzy cap and there may be white residue on the contacts inside ( there was quite abit on mine) just get a flat head and carefully "chip" it off.