Iwan's Black Starlet Sr.

Well, about time I got round to this! Same as the introduction thread really, but hope to update a little more as I go along.

Enjoy and feel free to express your opinion, good or bad :) .

P1080147.jpg

P1080148.jpg

P1080149.jpg

P1080151.jpg

2 owners from new, both from the same family, a mother & son. Seriously well looked after, immaculate example. 59k miles.

Only did 8 miles a day!, and by the looks of things it wasn't thrashed about. Good thing in this case as I wanted a standard one!

Car is pretty much standard throughout exept for the exhaust & fog lamps.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

P1080162.jpg

Before clean:

P1080156.jpg

During:

P1080164.jpg

P1080165.jpg

& After:

P1080167.jpg

P1080169.jpg

& The magic stuff:

P1080166.jpg

P1080185.jpg

Gave the cam cover a nice touch-up today. Came out much better than I ever imagined!

Nice and clean inside as well as outside. Cam cover gasket was like new!

P1080212.jpg

P1080213.jpg

P1080215.jpg

As far as now it's pretty much standard but after seeing Liam's EP91, a Glanza front end is edging more and more towards happening.

A pair of Recaro Speed's are waiting in the garage as well, just need to finish fabricating the mounts :p .

I'll be sure too keep you all posted.

Regards, Iwan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a minty sr uve got, its well clean

ive got to admit after beasting at liams, a glanza front end on an na body looks really nice,

If that's your car in your avatar, then I bloody love it! Compomotive's on a Starlet works wonders!

Just out of curiousity. This came from barnsley right?? And did the young lad have a civic type r??

Nope, not quite.

It came from Sheffield. An old couple owned it for just over 8 years.

Well, some bad news about the fog lights. Seems the weather has taken it's toll on the metal casing which the earth was wired too and it gets worse, the mountings have eroded up to the point where the bolts feel like their welded in :) .

On the plus side though, the local Halfords had an awsome sale and I bagged myself an Autogarage shift light for a tenner! Got it all wired in and looks suprisingly good, not too OTT.

Pics up tomorrow hopefully!

looks spot on mate! never looked at this before havnt seen it!!

any big plans for it?!

Thanks all.

To be honest i'm not too sure what to do. I'd fancy having a Glanza front end and making it into a track car but it would be a shame track such a clean car. Maybe some more sublte changes e.g. Coilovers, Better brakes and so on would be more fitting, without making it look too different.

Keep this one as it is, its a minter, dont change a thing - one day this could be a musium car - thats how clean this is.

Get another one, maybe just a bog standard sportif for a couple of hundred quid, then 4efte it and track it - that way it wont be such a shame to ruin this one, as you wont be!

Thanks again everyone!

@Galliano - I wouldn't quite go as far as a museum piece, there's some bloody clean examples on this club too :lol: . You do bring a good point with the Sportif idea though.

@Sparky - A sleeper, I like your thinking :) .

Some more pics after some serious pampering:

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

As you may of noticed the so called "High Temprature" paint on the cam cover has started to peel :) .

IMG_0132.jpg

This is what I was talking about with the T1-S's:

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

witt woooo :D

Minty mint mate, whos Evo looks awsome aswell!!

Thanks mate, on sunny days like today it makes me more than proud to own it! ^_^

Evo's my brother's, jammy sod hehe.gif.