Iwan's Black Starlet Sr.

Hey Jake, nice to see you on here (even though you own a punto).

As Galliano said, the next 20 - 30 days will be rest days mostly. I've suffered from some rather serious whiplash and a cracked rib on my right side but otherwise i'm a ok.

As to what happened, I will explain. Overtaking on a fairly long straight, about 4 cars in total. Stretch was bang on clear. Got to the second car when a red van decided to overtake as we were going past is rear, no indicators what so ever.

My brother slammed the anchors and fought life and limb to try to correct the rear end, but it was too late, the rear clipped the kurb and sent the back end into flight. Ended up spinning 360 degrees over a blistering 300 yards and hitting a wall to the right of us. The car luckily managed to hit none of the traffic we were overtaking.

I managed to get myself together and out of the car ready to give the bloke driving the van a fucking good rolocking, but he drove off.

As for the damage, well the Evo is a complete write off.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Galliano said, the next 20 - 30 days will be rest days mostly. I've suffered from some rather serious whiplash and a cracked rib on my right side but otherwise i'm a ok.

As to what happened, I will explain. Overtaking on a fairly long straight, about 4 cars in total. Stretch was bang on clear. Got to the second car when a red van decided to overtake as we were going past is rear, no indicators what so ever.

My brother slammed the anchors and fought life and limb to try to correct the rear end, but it was too late, the rear clipped the kurb and sent the back end into flight. Ended up spinning 360 degrees over a blistering 300 yards and hitting a wall to the right of us. The car luckily managed to hit none of the traffic we were overtaking.

I managed to get myself together and out of the car ready to give the bloke driving the van a fucking good rolocking, but he drove off.

ohh my god!! just read what happened, you should be lucky your alive. Van drivers are dickheads, i hate them, always drive like cocks. He had the cheek to drive of, he could of killed someone and didnt even give a shit (im angry now). Anyways hope ya get better soon. your car looks mint by the way, i love it.

chanelle x

Guest Enzo

something similar happened to me except the car was coming towards me

please tell me did you get the vans plateS?

also whats the police's view on this, are there any witnesses.

im glad your ok dude

Thanks for the kind comments all, much appriciated.

@Sparky - Yup, it was.

@Enzo - I did catch a glimpse of the plate but by the time it was all over, I completely forgot :thumbsup:.

Police were very helpful and down to earth thankfully. Because the van drove off, we didn't bother to claim anything as the car would be worth more as parts. The police officer said the exact same thing as well. A big thanks to the police on that note. Again same thing goes to the witnesses.

Wow, Police are better in Wales than they are over here. I bet if you saw that van now you will recognise the numberplate. If and when you do, kick the shit outa him for giving you gip with your back. :thumbsup:

Hello there guys,

I really do apologise about the lack of updates. I'm still recovering from some minor back injuries at the moment and the Evo will be requiring all hands to get it up and running again.

So bare with me, i'll try to get some pics as soon as!

I'll leave you with a sad sight....

26052009063.jpg

The shell isn't, no. That'll be for the car heaven in the sky sadly but the rest is salvagable.

Sourcing an original RS shell is the problem though.

The shell isn't, no. That'll be for the car heaven in the sky sadly but the rest is salvagable.

Sourcing an original RS shell is the problem though.

-----------------

hi mate,sorry to hear about your accident,if you are after a rs shell or parts for the evo..try www.japperformanceparts.co.uk sure will get one there..hope that helps..