Help Please - Glanza Handling

does any one think there glanza handles well

i got a ep91 and i got good wheels 195 45 15

just got apex coilovers with negative chamber and its still not driving well or handling well

i am getting vibrations in the streering wheel and when i hit about 60-70mph its all over the place its like i am fighting to give it in line.

not sure if its the right place for this topic

i have had a good look and cant find any topics on this.

please help me if u can

thanks jevon

Hi mate nah the standard handling setup is pants, I was giving my mate's Clio a run earlier through slightly bendy roads doing about 65-70, he was getting round easy whereas I was struggling to hold on lol.

I don't know wether your coilovers need adjusting or anything like that but you might want to get yourself a rear anti roll bar and an adjustable panhard rod.

Not sure if you've already read it or not but have a quick scan through this: http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....&article=17

I would have thought you would be ok on your coilies but when you lower Starlets the rear alignment is shifted to the side slightly so you need an adjustable panhard rod to bring it back in line.

thanks for everyone that has helpped me

they have been laser line up and i have been back to check them

i thought it was the wheels being out of balance due to vibrating but i still dont no way it dont want to go in a straight line

its really starting to do my head in now plus my old my put some boxs in the bin which have my spanners for my coilovers

:)

mine is similar to yours jev.. Dont get vibrations just it doesnt take much more than a small groove in the road to stop it going dead straight.. altho it does handle well around bends... I dont have a panhard rod yet so maybe that could be half our problem

mine is similar to yours jev.. Dont get vibrations just it doesnt take much more than a small groove in the road to stop it going dead straight.. altho it does handle well around bends... I dont have a panhard rod yet so maybe that could be half our problem

hello buddy thanks alot for the help mate

never its nice to know i am not the only one mate yer my handles well round bends unless i get the vibrations mate

sorry mate what do u mean by panhard rod buddy

thanks mate

i would of said wheel balancing.

Drop your wheels off and just give everything a tug or nudge to see thats its all connected ok, tie rods etc.

As for the panhard rod,when you lower the car i.e. bringing the axle closer to the body of the car, it shifts to the left(i think). the adjustable panhard rod, allows you to re-align it. it wouldnt explain why your cars all over the place, unless the chassis sitting on the wheel lol

Mitch

i would of said wheel balancing.

Drop your wheels off and just give everything a tug or nudge to see thats its all connected ok, tie rods etc.

As for the panhard rod,when you lower the car i.e. bringing the axle closer to the body of the car, it shifts to the left(i think). the adjustable panhard rod, allows you to re-align it. it wouldnt explain why your cars all over the place, unless the chassis sitting on the wheel lol

Mitch

hello buddy

yer well i will get my wheel balancing checked tomor or monday so them that will be out of the question but i dont no what more to do is it a good idea to get a panhard rod and a rear strut brace

thanks mate

have a look to see if its out of alignment, compare the left wheel to the arch and the same on the right. were talking mm's.

Rear strut brace wont solve this issue but i noticed my cusco one did help with stiffening the chassis.

Mitch

have a look to see if its out of alignment, compare the left wheel to the arch and the same on the right. were talking mm's.

Rear strut brace wont solve this issue but i noticed my cusco one did help with stiffening the chassis.

Mitch

ok mitch i will try to get that done over the weekend think i understand what to do.lol.

thanks again for your time and help mate

Could it be your alloys that have buckled?

thats the thing mate could be anything but i dont no what to do first and how to check everything without spending money on something that i dont need to mate

if your with me.lol.

they are light weight magnesium so ent very strong but i cant record any time that i have hit them or damaged them in any way

i get you mate, personally i`d start by getting the wheel off yourself and looking for anything obvious anything loose etc then get them balanced and ask for them to check if they are buckled (not sure how they would check this tho?)

i get you mate, personally i`d start by getting the wheel off yourself and looking for anything obvious anything loose etc then get them balanced and ask for them to check if they are buckled (not sure how they would check this tho?)

yer yer will do my buddy sounds a good idea and i will ask if u can find out if they are buckled mate (i dont no how they will find out mate)

thanks mate

It sounds to me like you're tracking is out. Have you adjusted the camber at all since you had it aligned or have you had the coilovers disconnected from the hub? If you have disconnected them from the hub and refitted them this can throw the tracking out a little, if you have adjusted the camber this will throw the tracking right out! Just a thought.

It sounds to me like you're tracking is out. Have you adjusted the camber at all since you had it aligned or have you had the coilovers disconnected from the hub? If you have disconnected them from the hub and refitted them this can throw the tracking out a little, if you have adjusted the camber this will throw the tracking right out! Just a thought.

well thats what i thought mate when i frist had them fitted it was really far out mate but had it set up spot on mate and went back becuase i thought it went out again so the tracking is fine mate

thanks alot for your help mate is the anything els u can think of mate

The only other thing i can think of is maybe you have too much camber. I dont think it will be the panhard rod as my car is lowered D2's and i haven't got and adjustable panhard rod and mine is fine. Oh yeah and from experience most glanza's and gt's i have been in vibrate when they get up to motor way speeds, i think its just because they are shit lol

The only other thing i can think of is maybe you have too much camber. I dont think it will be the panhard rod as my car is lowered D2's and i haven't got and adjustable panhard rod and mine is fine. Oh yeah and from experience most glanza's and gt's i have been in vibrate when they get up to motor way speeds, i think its just because they are shit lol

ok cool so u dont think a panhard rod will do anything mate

o so too much chamber can cause these problems mate (didnt no that mate)

so with the vibrating to stop be a gay and deal with it then mate.lol.

it dont feel good at all at motor way speeds mate

Normaly my gt vibrates at about 80mph but if you go faster it stops. The only thing the panhard rod will do is bring the axle back in line with the front wheels so if you are running the standard one the car will be crabbing ever so slightly but its such a tiny amount its not noticable, the only other thing you might notice is that the drivers rear wheel may scrub when going over large bumps, this is due to the axle being out of line. As for the camber i am assuming that to much camber could cause this, i am not certain but i would have thought that with alot of camber it would make keeping it straight a bit tricky. Like you said take it down to a tuning place or even just a normal garage, i am sure they would be able to help you. good luck.