Im goin off 2 have a little look at this 2mz with my dad see what its like as at the end of the month il have a bit under 4000

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/964426.htm

Prety decent price for what it is, despite the little downpoints the dude mentions + the guy doesnt know when the cambelt was last done so il probably need to pump some money into that.

What does everyone recon?

Im goin off 2 have a little look at this 2mz with my dad see what its like as at the end of the month il have a bit under 4000

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/964426.htm

Prety decent price for what it is, despite the little downpoints the dude mentions + the guy doesnt know when the cambelt was last done so il probably need to pump some money into that.

What does everyone recon?

its a nice wee car but bit expensive when u look at what others are selling for

see if u look at my bros(interloper) thats got fully adjustable coil overs nicer wheels air filter and he has tidyed up the engine bay and tht runs flawless o and took the low boost off in 1st and 2nd gear he is letting tht go for 3k cause he needs money to buy more goodies for his skyline

cheers

D

Thats a nice example mate, I can see it looking 10 times better when you've added a few subtle choice mods like you did with your SR.

Seems a fair price for what your getting too.

Yeha I've been looking at Interlopers thinking it u'd be wikid but its because its a fair distance from me where as this one is an hr as oppose to like 6 :)

Quite like the fact ital be bog standard 2 because then its like sumin I've done myself if ya know what I mean but modings gna be a slow process to say the least

If i end up getting it that is

Cheers for the imput lads :mellow:

Some advice; Double check the tax band on it. If it's recently imported (within 2007), it'll be under the new emissions tax band system.

My brother imported his 1999 Evo 6 RS back in early 2007. Usually you'd expect to pay around £180-£200 for tax, but due to it being a recent import, he's now paying £400 in tax!

Just a heads-up. Very nice car though, looks very clean :mellow: .

Cheers guys n il defenetly check the tax n stuff thanks for the heads up

@ Mr Super Mod - Any chance u'd know where the thread that was floating around about what to look for when buying 1 to make sure its in good nic's gone?

Cant find it :mellow: lol

Just wana make sure its all good and im not buying something that will extensivly drink all of my money as soon as i get it... :s

:)

dude that looks like a good'n, will be awesome another joining the amazing black V club lol

looks nice and if it's standard there cant be to much wrong with it minus body work.

did he import it himself? as when there imported they should have the cambelt done at the same time as the mot etc but if he isnt sure i would get it done just to be safe.

Just lost My...

V ginity! :)

Put down a diposit

Pic it up end of the month

3250 :mellow:

Needs a few lil bits n bobs doing but over all Pretty mint :p

Woooo

@CL The guy imported it for his Girlfriend but she got impatient n went out and brough a white 96 spec instead n cambelt wise its not been done but the lil sticker on the edge of the cam cover says funny jap writing then 100,000kms so ital be alright for the mean time as its only on 84,000km :)

anyone want my SR il put an ad up when im more sobar :)

lol, nice one dude, just like my little one when i first got her was also imported by the boyfriend for the old owner but she couldnt afford the insurance.

I think that's a good price, you pay for what you get and there are to many shitter out there.

so...any ideas to what the first mods will be :mellow:

First price mod Alarm and immobaliser :)

First free mod open the drivers seat up and sort out the left side bolster as its gone wafty n round the back?

Then get a CD player as it and a set of speakers for the rear shelf

They'd been taken out in japland so just got a gaping hole because i think it had a double din unit in it

Thinkin of trying to get my hands on the original glanza speakers :mellow:

Congrats man! Welcome to the Voc!

have fun with it but not to much :)

a little note: the belt might be able to go up to 100k but i always have heard and read that 80k is actualy better.

You don''t want the think off it snapping in the first few weeks of ownership.

Just a word a caution, i bet there are belts that go 120k+ but i know of starlet belts snapping at 80k.

Hmmm this is going to be expensive might rape me for the next couple of months as im supposed to be goin Le Mans and then paying out £600 for holiday... :s

Anyway essentials 1st:

Cambelt

Undersealed

Cambelt im guessing new cambelts £250 or so fitted

How much is undersealing gonna set me back as im guessing u cant just buy some hammermite, jack it up and spray away with paint or sumin...?

@ Mikey

Corse il take you for a spin

Nice one Jag buddy, Glad to see you got it :)

And nice to see you bargained him down too, i think it intimidates them when you start talking about the starlets in a way that you love them, they know they wont win in an argument. :lol: