Nanglebadger's Guitar Chat

holy shart! now that impressive!!! u have BUILT your own guitars! man that is awesome!

likin the ESP style headstock on the Les Paul, thats one smart lookin guitar, reminds me of Hetfield's custom BC Rich in natural wood finish with cool headstock!

thanks for sharin that with us man, thats impressive as fook!

what's your band called man?? got any stuff u can share with us? old or new?

Phil.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, i just found a guitar bulding forum one day and thought 'how hard can it be'. bad idea woods quite expensive for decent stuff, i managed to get some off cuts that were thick but warped for a decent price so i got them through the thickness sander at school and spent near enough every day after school in the wood shop in 4th year. Great fun, just dont have the time or access to the right tools now i dont go to school, hoping that will change when i join the raf :wacko:

My band was called the amplitude (shite name and i hated it but couldnt come up with anything better) but were not called that now half the members have moved away. I dont have anything thats post worthy, everything that i have are just realy rough recordings of potential song structures, so some realy gash playing and half arsed solo's cause they were just meant to help us with the composition. I'll deffinatly get some stuff up when its finished in the summer. The guy im recording with lives in edinburgh so its quite hard to get together to actualy get it done, he's back at the end of may i think tho.

here are my guitars, only been playing about a year just started playing so i could play the kind of stuff i listen too don't really have any intention to be in a band.

standard first guitar squire strat.

Image045.jpg

and my latest guitar epiphone les paul standard.

Image044.jpg

sorry about the bad camera phone photos, digital cameras got no batteries.

i love the look of Les Pauls in the transparent blue colour! its lush!

two very nice guitars there man!!! what kinda music do u play??

Phil.

Thanks ive always wanted a les paul and didnt want to get the usual white or black.

id still say i'm only a beginner really a years not a long time especially with uni at the same time so i cant play all the stuff i like, mostly just play punk stuff, lot of blink as thats pretty easy and just fun to play i'd like to learn how to play ska guitar since i listen to allot of that and i think it sounds pretty cool.

Michael Angelo Batio

Acknowledged as one of, if not THE greatest shredder of all time!

Double neck guitar demonstration

Double neck demo

Quad neck guitar - yes its a gimmick, but he does actually play this stuff!!!

Quad neck guitar

I will try to add a link to the Speed Lives No Boundaries video if i find a good one, when i first saw that video I was ready to hang up my guitars.

Phil.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
lookin forward to it dude!!

hopefully my new one will be here at the end of the month! its taking SO long!!!!!!

Phil.

Ok, Well i have 5 guitars in all, 1 acoustic 1 bass 2 Jacksons and 1 squire strat.

The acoustic is just a shitty one for messing around on - the Jacksons are my pride and joy haha ones a performer dinky series with Floyd rose locking tremolo and the the other is a js30rr series - would have got the r35 but didn't want the locking tremolo bridge they both have Jackson humbuckers and24 frets, they both have power slinkys on them to get the deep grunty tone :p then i have a bass to just mess around on aswell and use for recording purposes. Im going through a ds-1 ns-2 line 6 spider and a wireless guitar system - got the right tone (but then again it takes forever to find what tone is ures) its not too distorted or not too scratchy.

Have played in quite a few bands in the past - love the adrenaline you get when your on stage haha anyway pictures to follow!!! \m/ \m/

Picture097.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture096.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm noice!!!

i love the look of the reverse head stock Jacksons! which is precisely why i have ordered one lol!!!! and u cant beat the Rhodes shape - again, which is why i have ordered one! hehehe there's two clues to my new guitar right there! pretty big ones actually lol!!!

very nice gear man!

what kind of stuff do u play?? Tallica, Megadeth??

Im startin to get into Annihilator these days.

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

hehehehehehehehehehehe i'm like a kid at Christmas!!!!

Went and collected this baby after work today as it only arrived today, specially ordered from Jackson, and I believe it to be the only one in Ireland (or so says the Jackson rep. lol)

She's a Jackson Randy Rhodes Matt Tuck Signiture in Snow White with Black Bevels, neck-through design and EMG humbuckers! and it sounds like Satan himself snarling in the depths of the night!!!! couldnt be happier with it!

DSC_0044.jpg

excuse the glue, there was a wee 'made in' sticker that I've taken off, just need to clean the glue off too

DSC_0046.jpg

Jackson original meets Epiphone lookylikey

DSC_0047.jpg

Jackson meets the competition!!!

DSC_0048.jpg

Phil.

• 2 years later...

Update

Seems my obsession with Buckethead continues, not only do i now have some BH artwork in my room, but today i bought a Gibson Buckethead Signature Les Paul Studio......be paying this one off for a while!!! but totally worth it!

Hopefully it'll arrive this week!!!!!

cant believe i've bought it. genuinely, cant believe it.

Phil.

Very nice guitar, jackson have a great tone and feel to them, Sorry for not replying before to your post lol never saw this thread pop back up. I play mainly metal a lil black metal and just all sorts really, fav band is Trivium - learnt loads of stuff from them. pretty much learned all their albums! yh talica megadeth pantera anhiliator all that remains at the gates, what you play?

now if u want a song to play learn this! took me a while to get this down pretty much was playing the song at like 50% for a while using guitar pro.

The SOLO is epic

lol at G, i've never had finance on anything before, which as im sure u know, does not make for good credit rating. so, as i dont need a car, i figured i'd pay this baby off over 9 months to get me some finance history....like how i made it seem all grown up and sensible for buying a house when really i just want the guitar?? lol

pics once she arrives!!! it hasnt been released long, and the studio version is only recently out, thankfully, as the standard version is £800 more...for no real reason lol!

i mainly play tallica, megadeth, maiden and buckethead (or try to, i cant solo worth a shit lol).

Phil.

WOW. Did not know there was a Buckethead fanatic and guitar nut in here. Congrats on your purchase! That guitar is a work of art!

I also share your obsession! It was actually a video of bucket playing Whitewash live that made me pickup a guitar and attempt to learn. His solos and melodies are just on another level.

I think he is currently doing a tour but only in the US which is disappointing.

On a non Buckethead topic, Ronald Jenkees - Guitar Sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UvzD4gZnw4

I have played for 17 years now dude I have an explorer, flying v and a celebrity ovation roundback semi..

This thread has been a really good read and I have to admit I'm a secret maiden and megadeth fan all the way too lol

Main influence for me is Angus young and dave grohl is a close second nowadays and i have played their way for years now

Anyway the guitars

b5e45d16.jpg

0b090165.jpg

fa5f7fbe.jpg

nice guitars man! always wanted a black and white explorer!!!!

@s1fu - glad to hear there's another buckethead fan here!!! cant get my mates into him at all, although i got my mum into him! lol!

the thing that sold me on the guitar was the killswitches, soon as i saw Gibson had recreated those i had to have one!

Phil.

Killswitches are a relatively easy mod tbh. £1 push to make switch from Maplins, 1 wire to ground and 1 to signal. Managed to bodge one into my Strat.

Killswitches or not, it's a dam sexy guitar, I just love the minimalism look of it. (This is comming from a Strat guy :D )

i considered buying a second hand Jackson or something to bodge a killswtich into, but couldnt find a decent guide online for how to do it! the only one i found wanted a membership fee! f**k that. plus, much like a quick standard car, its coming from the factory and should therefore be more reliable than a bodge job done by my dodgey soldering lol!

Georgie - Gibson guitars are like the Mercedes of guitars, pure refined class.

Phil.