hey guys just signed up and wanted to say high!! :unsure:

now i know this is gonna sound silly but i dont actually have a starlet yet but will be getting one around mid june time... cant wait!

i ahve heard so much about the cars and think i am going to go for a glanza.

so yeah i hope you guys dont mind me joining up when i dont own a starlet :surrender:

Oh yeah and any tips, information and reccomendations on buying one would be awsome, oh and i will only have £2,500-£3,000 to work with.

Thanks, Dan

Hey Dan, welcome aboard to UKSC :D

Of course we don't mind anyone joining up as long as it's all starlet related :p hehe. I bet you are so excited about getting a glanza, what car are you currently driving or is this going to be your first car? :unsure:

Glanza's are defo dropping down in prices, you can pick up a pretty nice standard one for cheap now. All depends what you are looking for :angry2: seen so many up for sale online it's really crazy compared to 4 years ago it was really rare.

Hope you enjoy your stay, any questions just ask and i'm sure someone will have some answers for you

Shelly :surrender:

hey thanks for the warm and speedy welcome :surrender: usually on other forums people dont bother to say hi lol.

erm well currently i am driving my second fiat punti 1.2 8v lol and its quite nippy for an 8v but sitll shit slow compared to some cars i have driven.

also i have seen some videos on youtube of glanzas and they look insanely fast.. but have never been in a glanza :unsure:

i will be looking for a white or silver glanza with around 30-60k miles on the clock. would prefer with a few mods but standard would be fine with me :angry2:

also afterwards i will have around £400 to spend on modding the engine and what not. what gains and bhp could i reach with this budget??

Thanks. Dan

Welcome to UKSC :surrender:

If it was me on a £2.5-£3k budget I'd definately be aiming for a GT rather than a Glanza.

Have a look in the technical section and read up in the Wiki section for some ideas of what you could do when you get a Starlet.

ok well i will see what i can find, i have been keeping my eye on autotrader and i have seen a few on there for around 2500-3k so all is good so far but if i cant pick a glanza up i will get a gt turbo although the higher mileage worries me. cant really afford to have too many breakdowns after i get the new car as i will have used all money to get it in the first place.. lol

Thanks for your advice though ste its appreciated mate :surrender:

welcome to uksc mate :surrender: the engines are pretty solid mate even 1 with higher mileage if its been looked after will run sweet. u should pick up a nice glanza for around 3k easy these days. as for modding it first mod should be a boost guage maybe a decat and uprated mani there are plenty traders on here and a lot of helpfull people

cheers for the welcome guys :surrender:

and thanks for your help and suggestions bucket :unsure: lol i have an enormous amount to learn from now, dont really know to much about turbo's and intercoolers and stuff at the minute lol.

hey thanks for the warm and speedy welcome :surrender: usually on other forums people dont bother to say hi lol.

erm well currently i am driving my second fiat punti 1.2 8v lol and its quite nippy for an 8v but sitll shit slow compared to some cars i have driven.

also i have seen some videos on youtube of glanzas and they look insanely fast.. but have never been in a glanza :angry2:

i will be looking for a white or silver glanza with around 30-60k miles on the clock. would prefer with a few mods but standard would be fine with me :unsure:

also afterwards i will have around £400 to spend on modding the engine and what not. what gains and bhp could i reach with this budget??

Thanks. Dan

hi and welcome to the site.

i got my glanza v for £2100 bout 2 months ago it has 143,000kms on it but bere in mind it is a 1997 car so that sort of milage is below average

curt

ah thats kinda good i guess for that price aswell ya cant complain can ya, erm what it running like with that mileage then? smooth? no knocking/tapping or anything?

nothing at all buddy, all i had to do s change the brakes as the car was sitting for 6 months since it was imported,

anyways if i blow it up i will get a forged lump lol :surrender:

its great chasing shitty old mk1 impreza wrx's in it, so i pulls well

the 4wd saps the power out of it, i jus find it funny am in essex and it seems like all the chavs go from saxo's into impreza's and they can drive them for shit lol.

impreza's ain't as quick as eveyone says they are

ah cool :surrender: yeahi from hull and alot o the chavs here end up in an impreza and half the people here have never even heard of a starlet so i just lookking forward to pulling enxt to a saxo vtr chavved up to the max and then just pulling off slowly as he burns away then alh e hears is BBBBBRUMMMMMMPSSSSHHH!! lol good times await me...

oh my mates scooby is the turbo2000 model and it is a tad sick but hopefully will keep up :unsure:

ah cool :surrender: yeahi from hull and alot o the chavs here end up in an impreza and half the people here have never even heard of a starlet so i just lookking forward to pulling enxt to a saxo vtr chavved up to the max and then just pulling off slowly as he burns away then alh e hears is BBBBBRUMMMMMMPSSSSHHH!! lol good times await me...

oh my mates scooby is the turbo2000 model and it is a tad sick but hopefully will keep up :unsure:

ya we have them gimps round here with there 1.1 saxo's with there gay bodykits and 20" wheels thinkin there gangsters lol.

whats the matter with your mates scooby

yeah man there the gimps i am on about :angry2: haha mad how the same happens all over innit :surrender:

erm no no no its not sick as in ill imean its sick as in seriously fast and flies around corners at insane speeds without losing grip :unsure:

yeah man there the gimps i am on about :angry2: haha mad how the same happens all over innit :unsure:

erm no no no its not sick as in ill imean its sick as in seriously fast and flies around corners at insane speeds without losing grip :D

lol yea ino.

oh rite you ment sick good not sick bad lol. :surrender:

he must have a good one then

Welcome mate.

Don't worry about being here and not owning a Starlet, I used to have a Paseo and still plan to get another Paseo :surrender: , So long as you have a passion for the Starlets, alls good :angry2:

Glanza's are going for anyhting between £2000 to £5000 the now. Feel free to ask us for any advice when looking at a Glanza. This BUYERS GUIDE should really help you to find the right one and find out what you are really looking for.

Me being the Tutorials part manager, I am currently working on the ultimate EP guide (currently EP9* series - soon the EP8* series work will commence), this includes models all over the world, descriptions and pictures. Then in time, it will also hold what rarities there is for the EP's and so on and so fourth.

Best of luck with the Glanza hunt, feel free to ask us any questions you have :unsure:

Galliano

thanks for the welcome galliano :surrender: much appreciated :unsure:

erm i have looked through that guide and it was very helpful thanks :angry2: i was just wondering is it very difficult to change the thermostat? as the one i have my eye on has a broken thermo...

CCANT WAIT!!! hehe feels like christmas again when i was young, gonna such a nice upgrade form a 1.2 8v punto...

thanks for the welcome galliano :surrender: much appreciated :unsure:

erm i have looked through that guide and it was very helpful thanks :angry2: i was just wondering is it very difficult to change the thermostat? as the one i have my eye on has a broken thermo...

CCANT WAIT!!! hehe feels like christmas again when i was young, gonna such a nice upgrade form a 1.2 8v punto...

nah its about a 10 min job mate

Mate its not a Fiat so you dont have to worry about high miles and reliablilty :unsure:

In all fairness I dont think you will get a real mint example of a Glanza for £3k although they have came down quite a bit :surrender:

Hope you find a nice example

They do go well, but GT>Glanza :angry2: