Highland Hoon O9(scottish Members)

Guest Enzo

the o9 highland hoon is on next weekend.

im goin and wanted to see if any fellow scottish ep guys would be interested in goin

its a two day event this year with camping on the saturday night

we will go past places like applecross(scotlands only mountain pass) and right round the top of scotland past ulapool

here are some pics of last years hoon!

this year plans to be bigger

here are some pics of the day

P1020619.jpg

P1020488.jpg

P1020502.jpg

P1020500.jpg

P1020501.jpg

P1020503.jpg

P1020616.jpg

P1020628.jpg

P1020627.jpg

P1020629.jpg

P1020630.jpg

P1020634.jpg

P1020507.jpg

P1020499.jpg

P1020497.jpg

P1020496.jpg

P1020493.jpg

P1020510.jpg

P1020491.jpg

P1020506.jpg

P1020504.jpg

P1020486.jpg

P1020553.jpg

P1020593.jpg

P1020596.jpg

P1020608.jpg

P1020648.jpg

P1020656.jpg

P1020657.jpg

not looking for numbers at all here,

but if your into some decent driving on some amazing roads, amazing scenery, good banter and the camping side of things. post up your interest!

IM leaving edinburgh at the back of 8 on a saturday morning to head up to the meating point at inverness

And we would be back on the sunday night a take it ? It just a bit driving and some camping,no 1 drinking or that.

Guest Enzo

Yea that's the craic. Might have a couple of tinies on the saturday night. And we should be back in the burg for around tee time on the sunday night.

Yea that's the craic. Might have a couple of tinies on the saturday night. And we should be back in the burg for around tee time on the sunday night.

Ok sounds good to me,am up for this :surrender:

Guest Enzo

its next weekend Gaz

a faster car is not essential, the slowest car there last year was a mg zr 1.4 after that it was my glanza v

im not really sure how this works, all i know avril(mustang) the event organiser does not want a bunch of us young people turning up to "wrecklessly tear up the roads" she gave me a stern warning by email last time before the day. slighlty patronising but i dont mind,

all i know is im responsable for anyone i invite, also i wont be hanging around as i want to be in andys(400bhp skyline) group with the elises and evos in my jam v. his group was exilerating!

if you plan on doin some fast driving id say driver experience is definatly nicesity

if not just stay with the main group who still drive spiritedly.

the choice is yours Gaz but id imagine the camping banter and getting the craic wi you would be mint

Cool mate, I am not a crazy driver anyway so, ill just be driving normally if i go.

Im keen to meet up with people again, should be good fun.

Is there just a campsite for like tents etc?

Is there any cost to run or just meet up?

Will you be passing dundee etc on the way? i could maybe just tag along if thats ok?

Gary

Guest Enzo

im not actualy sure on the 411 on camping but will find out during the week.

as far as im aware its free, there will be some sort of raffle/donation goin on one of the days which would be rude not to contribute but apart from that you will need money for petrol and food basicaly,

im budgiting for 4 tanks of petrol once i get up to inverness and eating out twice aswell as bringing tasty tucker for the camping

on the way up the closeest il pass is perth as im heading up the a9, i could meet you in perth pehaps if your game

Cool well if you could find out the crack with the camping that would be great.

Its no bother with the raffle bud, i get payed this thursday so will have money for food etc.

Cool i could meet you at perth if you like, just need a place i could meet that i can find easy lol, you will need to say a rough time or give me a contact number.

My girlfriend managed to get the day of work on saturday so its all good if i can get a tent etc lol.

Guest Enzo

no bother il get back to you with a time and a place to meat but il be leaving the burg at around the back of 8

im out of action with a phone the now but i should have one by the wkend, send a pm with your moby when you get a minuite

which reminds me il need to sort out a tent too lol . . . .

I'd love to come along on this but as usual the glanza isn't in the best shape for it (slipping clutch illegalish tires and leaking exhaust).

They are some awesome roads up that way, I go on holiday with the family north of ullapool every year and will be taking the glanza up in a couple of months.

I'm sure you'll have a great time guys, enjoy it and be safe.:D

Guest Enzo

i can help you with the tyres situation, and i have a brand new clutch here if thats any use?

athena is metal to metal on the brakes, has a burst rear powerflex gearbox/engine mount & the rear coilovers are fucked. the bodywork is all dinged dented and stonechiped too so in dire need of a respray,

hoping to get it all sorted for the weekend though!

Cool man,

ill pm you in a second.

I am at college this week so ill get back in to edinburgh friday nyte at about half 6. stil need to service my car and get all my stuff ready to go lol.

Looking forward to it mate

Gary

i can help you with the tyres situation, and i have a brand new clutch here if thats any use?

athena is metal to metal on the brakes, has a burst rear gearbox/engine mount & the rear coilovers are fucked. the bodywork is all dinged dented and stonechiped too so in dire need of a respray,

hoping to get it all sorted for the weekend though!

I would like to but can't afford anything just now, I've spent over a grand in the last week on the car. I've got a couple of rear cusco coilovers with one having just started leaking too! I'll have to make sure its running right for it next year. :D

You're dedicated though I'll give you that!

Guest Enzo
You're dedicated though I'll give you that!

this and Jae are the only two important dates in the whole year that really matter, just really bad for leaving things until the last minuite :D

if its later on in the day i 'may' be able to get off work for it. if not id be willing to blast along and attempt to meet up the pack.

Andy, do you actualy think you have a say in the matter if your going or not. if i go you damn well are :D