anyone have any ideas what could be causing my car to boost so high..

checked the actuator and its set to around 0.7bar but the cars peaked at 1.2 hits 0.9/1bar without a problem and creeps up even more

it has a filter relocation kit, standard cat with a fujitsubo cat back exhaust and thats about it...would these little mods cause so much boost creep?

been quoted £40 to get my wastegate ported but would this solve this...

If you had a leak on the actuator vaccuum pipe then it would cause infinite boost as the actuator would never open the wastegate.

However every car is different and it is likely that its just bost creep you're experiencing, try restricting the filter and see if the creep still occurs...

If you had a leak on the actuator vaccuum pipe then it would cause infinite boost as the actuator would never open the wastegate.

However every car is different and it is likely that its just bost creep you're experiencing, try restricting the filter and see if the creep still occurs...

just that 0.5bar is alot to have in boost creep i would have thought...

just that 0.5bar is alot to have in boost creep i would have thought...

Not really, doing various mods will change the level at which the turbo will naturally boost at so no matter what you set it at it will still creep upto a cetain level. Mine will always creep upto 1bar plus no matter what its set at.

Not really, doing various mods will change the level at which the turbo will naturally boost at so no matter what you set it at it will still creep upto a cetain level. Mine will always creep upto 1bar plus no matter what its set at.

porting the wastegate worthwhile then do u recon?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I Just bought a GT and I'm getting too much creep aswell. The guy I bought it from said it had an adjustable actuator and the wastegate was ported. Its got a relocated filter s/s mani and decat.

It holds at about 0.7 if i put the foot down in 5th but if i'm in 3rd or 4th it hits fuel cut far too easily.

How can I sort this?

I Just bought a GT and I'm getting too much creep aswell. The guy I bought it from said it had an adjustable actuator and the wastegate was ported. Its got a relocated filter s/s mani and decat.

It holds at about 0.7 if i put the foot down in 5th but if i'm in 3rd or 4th it hits fuel cut far too easily.

How can I sort this?

this is funy couse i had my car mapped last week and i said to the guy how was mapping my car why

isnt my car boost creeping when every other starlet out there is.Im boosting at just under 15psi and it holds at just under 15psi all the why to the red line it made 196.4bhp on stock ct9 without porting the wastgate i just couldnt understand why the boost holds so well?.So i had a good look around and found that my hks actuator arm was bending as the wastgate opened i gess as the wastgate is opening and bending the arm on the actuator it is keeping the dieafram at a sertion level so it just wont creep lol that was hard to spit out lmao