Withheld Calls....

Hey,

Just needed some advice for a lady friend she keeps getting withheld calls off 3 different numbers (the t**ts) let there number thru once, now they call on withheld nearly everyday........constantly. Its been going on for months

Really dont know what to advise her, she doesnt want to change her number and i`ve never been in that situ before.

any help appreciated

just had a quick scan about the net. says either ask the service provider if they can trace it and maybe block it or go to the police. personally though i would just never answer a withheld call. get bored after a few tries.

Cheers gents, give it ago and see what happens

Just amazes me that some people really dont have anything better to do, than just dial the same number again and again for a laugh...... :)

Cheers gents, give it ago and see what happens

Just amazes me that some people really dont have anything better to do, than just dial the same number again and again for a laugh...... :)

Aye i know, someone was done it to me ages ago and i just told them to f*** off or i will hunt them down and kill them :)

Didn't ring again :) :)

Asad the best thing to do because i get a lot of calls regarding this at work is if you ring the service provider your friend is with they will block the numbers but they may not be able to because the person has now withheld there number so they may just offer a new number.

Craig

The problem with blocking all withheld numbers though, is that some banks/insurance companies numbers are withheld. So if for instance her bank's was withheld, they wouldn't be able to ring on her mobile.

If they leave a number your service provider can definatly block that, but as you have said, they just ring through on withheld now.

I would personally just change number. But then, I guess if it is someone she knows, they may be able to get her new number too.

I hate prank callers...so pathetic!

i had a problem when trying to sell my old car i put the number on the window and i had idiots calling me at the wind up. i kept there number when they never witheld it 1 time and i went to the shops at my g/f's bit and fnd the number and watched to see which 1 of the wee boys answerd it, walked over gave him a slap on the mouth and a kick up the arse and it all stopped, but getting the number blocked works too :)

The service provider can't block numbers, they'll merely offer to give your friend a new number, i'd do that, then get the number, post it anywhere you can, make small ads up offering something uber cool for silly money, public toilets, random walls etc, or find out who the number is provided by, get in contact, explain the situation, see what they can do?

Damien

sorry my post didn't send properly above only sent a few words lol

see if your like me im very sad with things like this. if i ever get prank calls i have a bit of fun myself to piss them off. Just act a right twat and whatever they say have an answer for etc etc

eventually they'll just ive up as their main objective of trying to piss me off hasn't worked lol

then if that doesn't work just take bucketep91's approach and give them a right boot up the arse haha

sorry to state the obvious but why not answer the call and see what they want?!

It could be an Indian call centre employee, going by the name of Peter or Steve?? You never know, it could be as innocent as that :)

Or just pick it up and leave it on the side. They will soon give up when they start using all their minutes or credit.

^^ this could work so long as its not a ghey premium number which charges you as well.

I would probably try making a list of the dates and times the call comes through. If it's withheld you won't know if it's the same number. But after a while you can contact the provider and ask them if they can possibly check who it is. Or ring them and ask them if that is possible before hand.