looking to get a fmic ordered asap been looking at the hdi kit...

had a look on tgtt.com at the fmic king thread for ideas...

then i found this kit that was mentioned in the thread what do you guys recon it is very similar to the hdi kit...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-STARLET-GLANZ...93%3A1|294%3A24

in the thread someone shows a pic and in the reflection on the ic piping you can see it sayd hdi on the silicon joiners.they have now edited the photo on the link I've posted up to cover up this reflection, is this company just selling the kit as there own ...

any other recomendations on an ic would be appreciated with a budget of £300 or less preferably

to be honest I wouldnt bother with HDi or a copy of there's, not unless your prepared to hack you bumper within an inch of its life. TM developments japspeed one seems a winner to me.

i seem to have alot of room as its a varis bumper thats on the car so hopefully wont need much trimming if any...

i seem to have alot of room as its a varis bumper thats on the car so hopefully wont need much trimming if any...

ah right, im sure someone on here has a HDi with a varis bumper and it fits perfectly, like fills the hole perfectly, if that the case go HDi, id get the copy save some pennies too.

Found you a pic too

DSCF0849-1.jpg

ah right, im sure someone on here has a HDi with a varis bumper and it fits perfectly, like fills the hole perfectly, if that the case go HDi, id get the copy save some pennies too.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showth...fmic&page=8

3/4 down the page is the pic im on about and you can clearly see the reflection and look at theyr new pic on ebay its been edited...

Found you a pic too

DSCF0849-1.jpg

nice one think ive seen that pic before didnt realise it was an hdi kit cheers

yer ^^^ was in the UKSC calendar last year i believe, stunning pic

with a varis bumper as stated a HDI fits perfectly

I've got a HDI FMIC on mine and as said i had to do some serious modifying of the bumper so not a brill idea

but i would go for HDI its probably the best for a smallish budget. anything better like a blitz one is coming close new to the grand mark lol

yer ^^^ was in the UKSC calendar last year i believe, stunning pic

with a varis bumper as stated a HDI fits perfectly

I've got a HDI FMIC on mine and as said i had to do some serious modifying of the bumper so not a brill idea

but i would go for HDI its probably the best for a smallish budget. anything better like a blitz one is coming close new to the grand mark lol

I've just ordered that one from ebay and il be the guinea pig and let everyone know what theyr like il post pics in a few days when it arrives

I've just ordered that one from ebay and il be the guinea pig and let everyone know what theyr like il post pics in a few days when it arrives

it appears its an autobahn one how do people rate these?

it appears its an autobahn one how do people rate these?

any opinions should i just cancel my order and get a hdi kit as the ad didnt state it was a autobahn kit if i knew that i wouldnt have bought it.wasnt until i checked paypal and it was autobahns paypal account the money went to....

if its the one in the pic then it isn't an autobahn one, the core is totally different and the turbo pipe is also different. As you have said it looks the same as an hdi one! Just get it and see what it looks like. If it doesn't match the pic then send it back!

I don't like the look of the autobahn/japspeed kits, they have shitty piping routes, it's longer than the HDi and goes over the exhaust manifold.

If it was me I'd probably be buying a HDi intercooler, I've seen only good comments about them apart from having to hack the bumper but as mentioned you shouldn't really have that problem with the Varis bumper.

thanks for the opinions thats what put me off the autobahn cooler as it comes over the mani and how it sits under the car...

i need to get one soon so dont want to be waiting for ages as i just sold my varis bonnet and now have a glanza s bonnet so not wanting to use the car...

does the pipework on the one from ebay look as if it has the same route as the ab kit?

thanks for the opinions thats what put me off the autobahn cooler as it comes over the mani and how it sits under the car...

i need to get one soon so dont want to be waiting for ages as i just sold my varis bonnet and now have a glanza s bonnet so not wanting to use the car...

does the pipework on the one from ebay look as if it has the same route as the ab kit?

No it looks just like my hdi one! If its the one in the picture then you will be fine.

Id double check with the seller exactly what you are going to recieve, they may sell other autobahn stuff or something else?

if its not whats pictured they can have it back lol ive already emailed them asking if its an autobahn kit but comparing the pics to the autobahn one theres no 90degree bends that go into the core....

The "ebay" intercooler cores vary a lot, you get some bad ones and some good.

The piping leaves a lot to be desired on that kit though, it will be like tissue paper, soon as you tighten a decent clamp onto it it will bend. And your probably never going to get the routing right without a million hose joints with the potential to blow off.

The "ebay" intercooler cores vary a lot, you get some bad ones and some good.

The piping leaves a lot to be desired on that kit though, it will be like tissue paper, soon as you tighten a decent clamp onto it it will bend. And your probably never going to get the routing right without a million hose joints with the potential to blow off.

got the cooler yesterday it is exactly the same as the hdi kit but made by jperformance all fitted just cant get the bumper back on....

will get pics up asap

got it all back on finally easy to fit but as i thought i had to butcher the bumper...

going to take it all back off as it seems to sit to one side at the minute needs the brackets secured and the pipework adjusted to get it sitting central

car could do with a wash in the pics and the bonnet wont be white for long :surrender: lol

05072009107.jpg

05072009109.jpg

has anyone fitted this kit and found it to sit like this?or is it just a case of sorting the pipework...