Stainless Dials For Starlet Gt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its cool im sure people will be patient, im not in any rush

Gary

:D im keen to do all versions of the starlet now that i have one version, otherwise i will forever have people asking ;do you do a ep91 set, do you do a sr set?'

If i sell 5 versions of the ep82 set then i can justify a 91 version :D

They look great! if you could find a way to get the GT bit to light up it would be the icing on the cake. what other 'off the shelf' designs do you have??

Will think about it over the weekend, might be able to sort something out, might make then a couple of £ more expensive but might be able to sort something out. The only other design i have is one that has the toyota badge and text on the mph gauge and the GT logo on the rev gage. The rest is just left stainless steel, bit more suttle than these, although i don't have a set made up yet as wanted to check fitment of these first!

Glanza version will be available at some point, just when i find time. I have a little free time at the moment while i can't work on the kit car but when that comes back i will be working more on that.

Jason :D

Ok guys i have just very quickly had a look at the rear of the cluster and i believe i can get the GT part to light up :D Its alot more involved and would have to be done on an exchange basis. The rest of the cluster would remain yours but i would have to send you a modified rev gauge and in return i would need your rev gauge.

Also i reckon i could add an additional LED to the rear of the GT part that could be seperately wired into a shift light. So you could have the GT part light up say blue and when you reach the rev limiter it would change to red! :D This would involve the use of a seperate shift light and some modification but it could be done!!!!!!

Not sure if i can get the glanza version to light up in a similar way, won't know till i start work on the glanza set. :D

Jason

Ok guys i have just very quickly had a look at the rear of the cluster and i believe i can get the GT part to light up :D Its alot more involved and would have to be done on an exchange basis. The rest of the cluster would remain yours but i would have to send you a modified rev gauge and in return i would need your rev gauge.

Also i reckon i could add an additional LED to the rear of the GT part that could be seperately wired into a shift light. So you could have the GT part light up say blue and when you reach the rev limiter it would change to red! :D This would involve the use of a seperate shift light and some modification but it could be done!!!!!!

Not sure if i can get the glanza version to light up in a similar way, won't know till i start work on the glanza set. :D

Jason

That sounds like a brilliant idea if you could get it to work!

That sounds like a brilliant idea if you could get it to work!

Just got back from the wedding and im back on this now :D

I think i can get it to change colour, i think it would just be a case of adding an additional LED in behind the cluster. However it would mean purchasing a additional shift light system and taking it apart and splicing in a feed for the extra led. Think im going to just have the GT part light up red/blue. If anyone buys a set and wants me to add the extra LED in behind i can do it for an extra £5 and add a couple of extra wires, it would then be up to the buyer to modify their shift light and splice the extra led in!

I could go crazy with these and change loads of stuff, add extra bits etc but it will just get way to expensive. The more that gets added to these the higher the price will start going. £55 is as cheap as i can get it and i think i can do the GT part light up for less than £60 delivered for the set.

I will shortly have a few sets for sale if anyone is interested in trialing the first batch then PM me.

Jason :D