Stainless Dials For Starlet Gt

Hi All,

As some of you know i have been working on a Stainless Steel Dial conversion for the EP82. Well there almost finished and ready to have the first set put into production.

Only problem now is that the guy who was going to test fit them has crashed his EP and is probably going to break it. This means i now need a new candidate to test fit a set of them.

I will fit the dials for you as i have done it for several other cars and know what im doing. You will only pay for the dials themselves, and i will supply and fit them at no extra cost. Also as its the first set i will make them a limited one off set, meaning you can have whatever you want etched into them. Names, logo's, custom designs etc.

Im looking for somone local to Southampton/Winchester or willing to travel down south.

These are the designs i have done for lexus..........

med_gallery_6300_24_25082.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

dsc2451fixframefe1.jpg

If anyone is interested then post up here or Personal Message me,

thanks,

Jason :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could make a set for the ep91 i'd be interested in a set..they look amazin.

I was told that you can already get a stainless set for the EP91? I can make them for any car, i just need a speedo cluster that i can take the template from. It will get destroyed though as i need to remove the dial faces and scan them in.

I forgot to add also......... THESE DIALS ARE FITTED WITHOUT REMOVING THE NEEDLES!!!!!! SO NO RE-CALIBRATION IS NEEDED!:)

Jason :)

^^Hmm i'll take a look see if i can find the ep91 dials then.

if not i may try n get hold of an old cluster for you to make some up if thats ok?

If you do find a EP91 cluster and can supply it i will in return give you a free set of dials, of your chosen design. :)

They look way nice, unfortunatly i havent got a EP82 either. If you make them for the EP91 i will definatly be interested. Just curious, how much are you going to sell the EP82 ones for?

chanelle x

Not sure of price yet, all depends on what i get quoted from the etching company. Probably looking at £50-60 for a set, this may include some other parts as well eg a/c piece, clock cover etc. I will also fit them for free if im availble at a meet (JAE, japfest etc or if people are local to me)

I will update with a firm price when i have the first set made. They will also include MPH labeling etched into them or kmh if people wish.

I have Glanza dial faces, just the actual faces alone.

I have some GT ones as well but they're from a Mark 1.

You will shortly have Personal Message mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone close to Southampton that would like to have some dials fitted to their EP82, or they can send me the speedo and i will fit them and send them back.

Im just about to get the first set of stainless steel rising sun dials get made up and they are going to look great!!!!! The rising sun starts on the bottom of the rev counter and spreads over all the dials and perfectly lines up.

Also once the first set has been tested i will be running a group buy for JAE, and i will fit them for you guys free of charge!

What designs would people like to see???? i have done 1 with the toyota logo and text, also has the GT badge etched into it. the second one is the rising sun version which is alot more extreme and has the GT badge in the centre of the rising sun flag.

any other deigns people would like??? almost anything is possible..............within reason :p

Jason :p

Cant wait to see these :p

What will they light up like?

They light up exactly the same as standard, they have cut outs that allow the standard dials to shine through, they basically fit over the existing standard dials but obviuosly look loads better. They are made to 0.01mm precision so should line up perfectly.

People will not be dissapointed i asure you, anyone have a spare speedo cluster that would like to have the first set of rising sun's????

Like I said through PM mate I can send you EP82 GT and EP91 Glanza dial faces if they're any help. I can send you a cluster but the mileage counter is dodgy.

Thanks mate, i really need the whole speedo so i can fit them straight to that. The dials i have are mucked up because i have removed the needles and obviously they won't go back on in the same place. Probably no point sending me the glanza ones, although i can create an exact copy i will need the speedo to check fitment.

I think the easiest thing for me to do is get the tester made up and roughly fit it to the cluster i have, then im sure there will be more of a uptake :p:p

Awsome I will probably have a set and get some sexy bulbs to enhance it even more :p

Looking at the GT dials it looks like the bulbs can be changed pretty easily so should be able to change the colour with the right bulbs.

OK, the first set have been emailed off and will be in production within the coming week.

Im hoping to have them tested for fitment (not expecting any problems) and hopefully fitted to a speedo cluster by the weekend and when i have them then pictures will go up and i can start a group buy for those interested in them.

Will also sort out some fitting instructions with a step by step guide but to be honest they will be very easy to fit and most people will be able to manage it without any problems. I will be running a group buy for JAE where i will fit them for people free of charge.

Becasue the size of the file is slightly larger than the lexus version im expecting these to be £60 delivered but will confirm this when i know a definate price. The company making the dials charge for size, the layout means it takes up more room but gives a little amount of spare space so i have been able to add a few extra little bits at no extra cost :p

For your money you will get the following:

* Full etched Stainless steel dials, consisting of Revs, MPH, water temp and fuel gauge.

+ Small etched GT badge, comes free with the kit at no extra cost.

+ Small etched Toyota badge, Comes free with the kit at no extra charge.

+ Polished Alloy Odometer trip reset pin, this is the plastic pin that resets the trip on the MPH gauge.

If you do find a EP91 cluster and can supply it i will in return give you a free set of dials, of your chosen design. :p

I have a spare set of Paseo dials il send out to you if you fancy a shot at them?