Knocking And General Wierdness From Front N/s

Had this for a while now.. Going slow i get a knocking which sounds like its coming from the N/S. Also feels very "gritty" when going around roundabouts. Possible wheel bearing ?

I had my mate check it out at the garage and he said the drivers side Track rod end/rack end was knocking too. If i shake the steering side to side it knocks, when pressure is applied to the track rod end (from my mate via his hand pushing upwards) the knock stops.

Any other ideas ? i dont wanna go spend money i dont neccessarily have to if i can. Also can some1 point me in the best direction to get the track rod ends ? Good price good quality ?

Cheers all

D

if the nock stops when you hold the track rod end thats whats causing the nock and requires changing

the graiting noise could possible bee a low brake pad because wen going round a corner it puts more strain on the pad so if its getting low it will like make a grinding noise ( metal to metal sound ) or the cv joints might need greasing.

if you grab the road wheel its self and can feel play side to side and up n down but stops when the brake is pressed thats the wheel bearing check its rotation and check for ruff rotaion and noise

hope this helps